Colin Kaepernick

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
jetermacaw
VP Veteran

Colin Kaepernick

Post by jetermacaw »

POS or poor misunderstood oppressed black man who was fortunate enough to be raised by white parents.?

Onenickelmiracl

Post by Onenickelmiracl »

It is called leadership.

jetermacaw
VP Veteran

Post by jetermacaw »

So your saying he is a leader?

jetermacaw
VP Veteran

Post by jetermacaw »

Leader: Google the name Pat Tillman, then get back to me.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Leadership? Kaepernick's mixed race who's entitled to his opinion but he's far from being a leader. He'd be better off becoming an advocate for children who are abandoned by their natural fathers.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

Come on Ted you know better than that. I bet you were taught better than that.

jetermacaw
VP Veteran

Post by jetermacaw »

Remember Ted if you're not PC they get their panties in a bunch,

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

See, the funny thing about professional athletes is that they put their pants on the same way I do; one leg at a time. Players like him, those who have one or two good years and think they're going to go down as an all time great, make me chuckle. The professional athletes that I know now, and those who are retired, are so humble and grateful for what they've been blessed with are the opposite for every Manziel and Kaepernick out there.

Edited to add: A guy like Kaepernick is only a leader to those who want to be led by him.

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

See, the funny thing about professional athletes is that they put their pants on the same way I do; one leg at a time. Players like him, those who have one or two good years and think they're going to go down as an all time great, make me chuckle. The professional athletes that I know now, and those who are retired, are so humble and grateful for what they've been blessed with are the opposite for every Manziel and Kaepernick out there.

Edited to add: A guy like Kaepernick is only a leader to those who want to be led by him. Well said, Ted...

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

ditto with galeygoo, well said ted.

I have played sports my entire life, when I was younger, like many others, it was my life. never had the 'hero worship' for any athlete like some others.

but, I have lost a lot of interest that I used to have. I just cannot stand the antics of many of the players. when they allowed pros to participate in the Olympics, I lost interest. when a pro wide receiver catches a touch town pass and just happens to have a pen in his socks, to sign the ball, I lose interest. when athletes stand with their arms raised, mimicking the false narrative of Ferguson, I lose interest.

I have no problem with the money they make, their careers are short and many end up broke. they were never heroes, but now, even fewer have any class.