Stupid move...

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Stupid move...

Post by Come Back Kid »

What do you guys think about a "Stupid poker move" thread? Not for ridicule of one and other, but just for a good laugh...At the risk of making a fool of myself, I'd be happy to start if anyone is interested.

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

Ok you guys, I was just trying to come up with something different to talk about...Hoping something funny...I'm not proud, so here's my oops story....

I'd like to call it Dumb and Dumber.
I once was playing TDB on Dreamcard....I was dealt...
Ah,As,Qs,and 10s and dreamcard...In my head I was assuming it to be another Ace, but it gave me the Ks, which makes sense, but I couldn't help but think it should've been an Ace...I pondered on this and stared at the screen for at least 5 minutes, and finally made my decision...I couldn't give up 3 aces, so I changed the card to an Ace...Hit the draw button and got absolutely nothing!!! After all that contemplation, I forgot to hold any cards!!!! LMAO!!! Now that was dumb!!! Hahahaha Hope you enjoyed!!!

BOOPSAHOY
Video Poker Master

Post by BOOPSAHOY »

Ok you guys, I was just trying to come up with something different to talk about...Hoping something funny for Galeygoo...I'm not proud, so here's my oops story....

I'd like to call it Dumb and Dumber.
I once was playing TDB on Dreamcard....I was dealt...
Ah,As,Qs,and 10s and dreamcard...In my head I was assuming it to be another Ace, but it gave me the Ks, which makes sense, but I couldn't help but think it should've been an Ace...I pondered on this and stared at the screen for at least 5 minutes, and finally made my decision...I couldn't give up 3 aces, so I changed the card to an Ace...Hit the draw button and got absolutely nothing!!! After all that contemplation, I forgot to hold any cards!!!! LMAO!!! Now that was dumb!!! Hahahaha Hope you enjoyed!!!

I've done too many to remember-that's a good one!

case
VP Veteran

Post by case »

It happens! Causes a person to shake his head. The brain is a funny thing. It is like driving somewhere and later not really remember driving there.

I have heard many stories of people who were dealt four of a kind and only held three of the cards. Ouch

I have sometimes mistaken a card like say I had two kings and think I saw three and end up holding say a ten with the two kings. Speed is my biggest enemy. I get going too fast and miss plays sometimes. I guess everyone does at times but it makes you feel stupid and it costs money.

Onenickelmiracl

Post by Onenickelmiracl »

I always hold something before contemplating just so I won't forget. I had a similar snafu playing video bj. Was dealt a twenty and was so relieved. Had to wait my turn, so I zoned out. Somebody tells "hit it, it's your turn", so without thinking I hit "hit" instead of "stand" and busted. $25 bet instead of becoming $50 became $0. How often do we wish we had $50 extra and I just threw it away.

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

Oh you guys are so right! Speed is an issue for me too Case... And that's a great idea, to hold something while contemplating Onenickel LOL...I feel your pain...Thanks for sharing...

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

This could be a great thread. If I run out of things to post, I'm sure my Mrs. will remind me of some more. My hat is off to all of us who can make fun of ourselves. Life is short. Some of us need to lighten up. This may take me a while to post things I would rather forget, but I will try and start with a quick one. I was concentrating on my game and hardly paying attention to a server who had just arrived with my drink. Out of the corner of my eye while staring at 2 dealt deuces the server set my drink down. All I saw was this long pretty blonde hair and a hint of a really nice perfume. I handed over my tip and said....now those are some beautiful long curls and I like the perfume too. Turned out when I looked up, it was a guy server and the perfume came from an older lady who I hadn't noticed that had just sat down to play next to me. I know I turned beet red and speechless, but the server was cool and we all including the old lady had a good laugh. I was still totally embarrassed for most of the night. When I told my Mrs. what happened, she just said...I'm not surprised you never listen or pay attention to me while playing either. Hmmmmm.

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

Hahahaha!!!!!!

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I was playing a quick quads game. Might have been ten play, maybe 50, or even hundred.
Was dealt a nine, a seven and a two, a six and a three.
Thinking those last four cards added up to nine, I figured I was 3/4s of the way to a quick quad. Realised my mistake a micro second after I hit the deal button and realised I'd held five losing cards.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

years ago at ballys las vegas i was playing ddb when i was dealt quad 3's/kicker.i quickly held all five and that's when i remembered i was playing 1 of those vp machines with discard instead of hold.there went my $150 hand.you know it may have been just double bonus,i don't remember;i do remember it was $150 tho.