Superbowl preview

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Superbowl preview

Post by DaBurglar »

Well I'm glad the New England Patriots have now made it to a record sixth straight AFC championship game and stand poised to appear in unprecedented ninth Superbowl....

But sadly it will not happen....As much as I love the Pats, my rational mind thinks Pittsburgh will probably win the game. Here's why....

Simply put, football is about matchups, and the Steelers actually matchup well against New England, especially Pittsburgh offense versus New England's defense. The Patriots offense is not that great without Gronkowski's presence, and in fact they have benefited this year from a very soft easy schedule. If Houston had possessed even a average quarterback they could have beaten them last week.

Atlanta will win easily in NFC.

mammajamma

Post by mammajamma »

You mean easily as they did by 1 point earlier in the season in that high scoring game?

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

[QUOTE=DaBurglar]

You mean easily as they did by 1 point earlier in the season in that high scoring game?[/QUOTE]

Lol. Umm no...A one point win is not an easy victory. But that was then.....Green bay now will either be without its two best receivers or they will be playing with severe injuries, something that will hamper Green bay this time around.   Plus, Atlanta has a good running game, Green bay not so much....That is the difference maker here.

But if it makes you feel better, I would not be upset to see Green bay somehow pull it out. I would like to see a new england patriots vs Green bay Packers super bowl, but I think it will be the opposite. I hope I'm wrong.

mammajamma

Post by mammajamma »

[QUOTE=mammajamma] [QUOTE=DaBurglar]

You mean easily as they did by 1 point earlier in the season in that high scoring game?[/QUOTE]

Lol. Umm no...A one point win is not an easy victory. But that was then.....Green bay now will either be without its two best receivers or they will be playing with severe injuries, something that will hamper Green bay this time around.   Plus, Atlanta has a good running game, Green bay not so much....That is the difference maker here.

But if it makes you feel better, I would not be upset to see Green bay somehow pull it out. I would like to see a new england patriots vs Green bay Packers super bowl, but I think it will be the opposite. I hope I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

Well I agree GB's running game has been compromised... (sucks)...for a long time now, but seeing that they've scored over 30 points in 6 of their last straight 8 wins, I think they have a plethora of various receivers doing a fine, fine job.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

So are you putting your moola where your keyboard is??? Gonna bet on the Packers???

Hey, is anyone out there gonna be in Vegas for the SB? I now think super bowl Sunday is a better time to spend in Vegas than New year's. What say others?

mammajamma

Post by mammajamma »

Packers vs Patriots.....been there.

Packers vs Steelers..... done that.

Both were wins for GB. But I don't do sports betting unless I'm in Nevada.

Also, don't like crowds much. Want to be able to view the entire screen so I can jump up and scream "IT'S A PICK !!!!"

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

We'll have to agree with DB on the Falcons. The Packer secondary is shot. 42-31 Falcons. Pats/Steelers, I don't have a feel for. As good as the Steelers have been recently, Big Ben has been very ordinary on the road. 6 field goals won't cut it this time around

DAAnMAAn
VP Veteran

Post by DAAnMAAn »

Well, at least u were a push...right on Atlanta, wrong on the pats.
Cheers

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

His beloved team routed regardless of his contrarian pessimism. What else matters?

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Gotta be fair and give Brady and Belichick their due. Nobody wanted Chris Hogan and Brady turned him into a star, but to be fair to Hogan, he ran great routes and always seemed to be open.