Great Superbowl...

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Great Superbowl...

Post by Come Back Kid »

What a great game last night!!! Congratulations to Tom Brady and the Patriots!!! No denying that Tom Brady is one of the best quarterbacks of all time!!! And a great NE team! Got to also give kudos to the Falcons for helping to make it a great game!!! Fun to watch. Matt Ryan is also a great quarterback and I'm sure will have his day!!! Congrats to all!

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Best Super Bowl ever, even if the wrong team won.

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

Well...I guess personal titles for yesterday's game are in the eyes of the beholder.  My chosen title is  "Unprecedented ChokerBowl"

alpax
Video Poker Master

Post by alpax »

The Super Bowl reminded me of the Houston Oilers vs Buffalo Bills comeback, but it was done in much shorter time with a furious momentum swing.

I would have to say all the Patriots Super Bowls of the modern era have been good ones.

My personal favorite Super Bowl remains #34, Rams vs Titans. I prefer a seesaw battle with the last play being a yard short.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Worst 2nd half of football I've seen in 20 years.

kennybobby

Post by kennybobby »

lol--
interesting, the varied opinions ya can get with what appears to be a fairly straight forward, simple expression...so what the heck, let me screw it up a bit-
certainly was a tale of 2 halves--and only the worst 2nd half of football if you more of a georgia peach than the clam chowder...kinda with alpax--60min of back n forth would be top notch...but bottom line--you saw that even when you're performing sub-par to expectations---the true winner always sticks with it and finds a way....theres alotta things to debate in this world--but it is actually impossible to argue against where Tom Brady has elevated himself too--really, I promise--its impossible, don't waste ur energy
(from a midwestern, never even been to boston, football fan)

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

KB I'm not lessening Brady's achievements but he has lost 2 Superbowls as well. I'm just saying that Atlanta beat themselves in the 2nd half.

kennybobby

Post by kennybobby »

KB I'm not lessening Brady's achievements but he has lost 2 Superbowls as well. I'm just saying that Atlanta beat themselves in the 2nd half.

my bad Ted-was covering all the bases..you were just the ga peach...but hey, appreciate the mentioning of the 2 he's lost...which if I wasnt sure ev1 knew already--would feel obligated now to mention the 5 now he has won, most by any QB ever...but again, sure ev1 knows so no need

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

See, you can always tell People's true motives and heart if you just listen (or read) to their words.

Since Robert Kraft (one of the most astute, intelligent, and forward thinking businessmen in America...And one of the more kind-hearted, generous and loyal people among the NFL owners) took over the Pats in 1995/96, he has managed an unprecedented and absurd record of success...8 super bowl appearances in 21 years:. The first was in 1997 when Parcels was the coach and Belichick was their defensive coordinator, then the seven others with Coach Belichick as head coach. 12 AFC championship games, 8 super bowl appearances and five titles!

What makes them simply the greatest, best ever is it has all been done in the salary cap era which started in the mid 1990s and was specifically designed and intended to do two things: (1) prevent dominance and dynasties like the Steelers Dolphins and Cowboys of the 1970s, the 49ers of the 1980s & early 90s and the Cowboys of the 1990s.
(2) keep player salaries from ballooning into the levels that baseball, basketball and hockey had seen, which turned out to be very bad for the NFL players and very good for ownership.

Tom Brady deserves some credit obviously, especially since his unselfish leadership and play are a huge reason for the sustained success. His willingness to always accept less money and structure his contract in the most team favorable manner also allows the Pats to have more supporting players! Name any other major star in a major sport who has consistently done this for his team???

Brady is not the best QB in terms of athletic ability....Aaron Rodgers is the best all around QB in ability, but Brady is the greatest QB of all time for his leadership, his work ethic, his smarts, his unselfishness, and his ability to get everyone else on the team to perform their best. He makes them better players, the single greatest quality of any all time great.

But the Lionshare of credit for New England Patriots success the last 17 years is Belichick's! His drafting, his style, his insistence on the fundamentals and his genius for game plans are the constant....

Football is a team game, so Tom Brady is only one component, albeit a vital one....

And no, Tom Brady did not "win 5 super bowls and lose two"....The Patriots did.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

DaBurglar you speak so highly of Robert Kraft here but in another forum post you said what about NFL team owners?

Can you PLEASE decide once and for all which side of your mouth you will be talking out of?

If you are refering to my true motives it was simply to say that Tom Brady has LOST 2 Superbowl games, nothing more and nothing less.