2017 Masters Champion

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Galeygoo
VP Veteran

2017 Masters Champion

Post by Galeygoo »

I am elated!!!  Been hoping to see Sergio Garcia win a major for a very long time.  Congrats to a very deserving, handsome winner

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

And what drama as well! It certainly made for great television viewing.

Even if Sergio had not pulled it off, you would have had to respect his ability to overcome those bad swings in the early holes of the back nine.

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

Absolutely, OMT!  He overcame so many demons and challenges.  Which, is why he became a Major Champion... finally  

alpax
Video Poker Master

Post by alpax »

Sergio Garcia is one of many that unfortunately had to play during the Tiger Woods era, many well deserved champions were denied. I still feel for Roco Mediate who was denied a US Open title, which was near the end of Tiger's run.

Well deserved and well played Sergio! He got it before Father Time will eventually defeat him.

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

That truly was an ouchy for Rocco, Al.  Yes, another victim to Tiger and The Golf Gods.  Have to admit it, though....I am very sad that Tiger seems to have ended his incredible golf career.  He was so good for the game....I still miss him. He created drama and entertainment in almost every tournament and/or Major he played in.

alpax
Video Poker Master

Post by alpax »

I too am sad that we may never see Tiger play at a respectable competitive level again to chase history and break The Golden Bear's major tournament victory record. Tiger was on his way to shattering it, but some suspect he has taken performance enhancing drugs from problems he is dealing with (moreso than the infidelity issues). No way to tell for certain.

Most importantly, I forgot to mention the silver lining for these players whom fell short because of Tiger; they have to give credit to Tiger for making the whole sport more relevant than it ever has. They used to only show the 3rd and 4th rounds on TV unless it was a major, increased prize purse from the increased sponsorship from companies that provide luxury goods, and many golf courses were redesigned without much avail to slow down Tiger. A Top 10 finish now is pretty much good as a non-major win before the Tiger era.

Was hoping that Rory McIlroy or Jordan Spieth can be the next Tiger Woods, but I found out that it is not that easy to replace a legend