Super Times Pay

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
deuceswild
Forum Newbie

Super Times Pay

Post by deuceswild »

I was dealt on a Super Times Pay 5 play video poker game 3 wild cards and 2 5's for five of a kind with a multiplier showing of 4.  Would you have held the cards as they are for 5 of a kind x 4 for 400 each line or only hold the wild cards to try and get 4 deuces.
I wasn't sure what to do so I held what was dealt to me, rather than go for the 4th wild card.  I don't know if anyone knows what the rule would have been for this scenario.

Thanks!

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

The answer to this question (and almost all VP related questions) can only be provided when a pay table is given. Does 4 deuces pay 1000 or perhaps 2500 as in Loose Deuces? Or even higher in Triple Deuces. You can see how this might effect the answer.
For now, let me assume you were playing some kind of Bonus Deuces as the value of 400 (100x4) would seem to indicate, and that deuces pay the standard 1000 credits. In this case the value of the pat 5 of a kind would be superior from a mathematical standpoint. The value of the 3 deuce hold is around 72-75 credits on average. By the way, the value of a 3 deuce hold for Loose Deuces is around 120-130 (depending on other pay table values) and even higher for triple deuces.
One other thing to consider is whether you'll see this situation enough to consider going for the 4 deuces. Having the STP mulitplier come up when dealt a good hand like this is extremely rare.

BOOPSAHOY
Video Poker Master

Post by BOOPSAHOY »

KEEP IT!

njmike37

Post by njmike37 »

this situation enough to consider going for the 4 deuces. Having the STP mulitplier come up when dealt a good hand like this is extremely rare.

That statement is so very true.  I tend to go against perfect strategy when I get dealt a hand where I have potential to hit something major on Super Times Pay.  If I have a multiplier of at least 4, I would probably toss the pair and go for the 4 deuces.  If I had a multiplier of only 2 or 3, I would keep the 5 of a kind.  All strategy guides say you should stick to strategy no matter what multiplier comes up, but how many times do you get dealt a hand like that? 

Mike

oniegolf1@cs.com
Forum Rookie

Post by oniegolf1@cs.com »

Go for the gusto

andychamp
Forum Newbie

Post by andychamp »

Wouldn't it be 4 deuces 1000X4= 4000 credits correct?  You go for the 4th deuce vs 1600.

mima
Forum Newbie

Post by mima »

my wife and I both had a very good weekend playing super times at the rampart in vegas,  i was playing DD 10 hands, dealt 2 aces and 2 sixes,  on a 10x asked for another 6 and got it, payoff same as a royal 4000. my wife was playing 5 hands and was dealt 4 aces with a 2 on a 2x.  pretty good weekend