Cheating in the NFL, Deflategate - redux

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Re: Cheating in the NFL, Deflategate - redux

Post by Tedlark »

89th daily high score DaBurglar, I'm trying for 100 before the end of the year.

I'm sorry, did you say something?

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

Here is something you will enjoy, a prime example of HYPOCRISY with the whining pathetic Colts as the culprits:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 11.htmlThe colts violated a number of NFL rules and regs about reporting injuries in a complete, accurate and transparent manner......and THIS rule definitely is far far more important than a "PSI" reading on a couple footballs.    Knowing (or not knowing) WHO is going to play for the opposing team when you prepare for them during the week  is CRUCIAL.....even more so when it involves someone like Andrew Luck!!! Bad colts....very very bad.....

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Well it appears that Tom Brady has given up on his fight to defend his honor and he will instead; be doing something OTHER than playing football for the Patriots their first four games of this upcoming season.

Maybe he can get a temp job selling used cars or giving jitney rides up and down the Atlantic City Boardwalk until game 5?

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Here is something you will enjoy, a prime example of HYPOCRISY with the whining pathetic Colts as the culprits:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 11.htmlThe colts violated a number of NFL rules and regs about reporting injuries in a complete, accurate and transparent manner......and THIS rule definitely is far far more important than a "PSI" reading on a couple footballs.    Knowing (or not knowing) WHO is going to play for the opposing team when you prepare for them during the week  is CRUCIAL.....even more so when it involves someone like Andrew Luck!!! Bad colts....very very bad.....

The injury list is for betting purposes, not for the other team.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

This is a very positive thing for the PAts and as a forward thinking strategically inclined fan,  i am glad Brady will be forced to sit games 1-4.    here's why.....The Pats have had Garropolo now for 3 plus years.....he is not a rookie anyomre....he knows the system, knows the players, knows the culture and expectations of the team.    He has KNOWN he might have to start, and now he knows for certain.   This is a HUGE opportunity both for Himself and the PATS organization.We will be able to see, without any DOUBT or questions or uncertainty, whether Jimmy Garropolo  has "GOT IT"  or Not.......we will be able to see just what level of talent he truly possesses, without any questions or unrealistic analysis.   Normally a young rookie quarterback who must replace a legend is just thrown into the fire and told to perform to unrealistic levels.    Not this time.......This is similar in some ways to how the Packers replaced Favre with Rodgers (who in my opinion is far better than Favre).......when Rodgers was finally given his chance,  he had been there for a few years and knew the team/system/game.     This is now what the PATS have in front of them and I am very happy.Worst case scenario, Garropolo comes in and totally craps his pants....then the PATS KNOW they need to find someone else and KNOW they need to keep BRady around for another 3 years at least........Best case scenario, Garropolo comes in and kills it, shows he is (in his own way) just as effective as brady for the type of game/system the Pats run, and in fact Garropolo has skills Brady does not have, like the ability to run, scramble and make plays on the move, which in turn takes pressure of the Offensive line which frees up a lot more things in the offense. This never would have happened unless the NFL had pursued this totally baseless investigation strictly for reasons of "pride" and irrational, envious hatred of the most successful, brilliant organization in the NFL, the PAtriots.   Things are looking way way up.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Baseless? The NFL's pride? How about BRADY'S pride? He could have saved himself a couple hundred grand in legal fees, could have saved himself from being the butt of many a joke, if he would have just served the 4 games last season.

It would have long been forgotten by now if it weren't for Tom Brady's pride.....

alpax
Video Poker Master

Post by alpax »

Maybe he can get a temp job selling used cars or giving jitney rides up and down the Atlantic City Boardwalk until game 5?

Gisele will be the sugar mamma for those 4 weeks.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

[QUOTE=Tedlark] Maybe he can get a temp job selling used cars or giving jitney rides up and down the Atlantic City Boardwalk until game 5?

Gisele will be the sugar mamma for those 4 weeks.[/QUOTE]she already is      why else would brady allow himself to be the brunt of such disgusting, infantile humor as he did in the movie TED2 if not for the fact he is trying to close the gap between his income and giselle??    She totally DWARFS him in typical annual earnings!And yes, Tom brady's pride is one OTHER reason why this thing has dragged on....and on....and on......but that only indicates his innocence.   He is smart enough and has enough at stake to know that if he were truly in the WRONG he should just shut up and accept it.      But that is not the case here......the NFL's case is so weak, which is why it is dragging on and on.....if it were truly a strong, no doubt about it case, this woul dhave been long over last year.The reasons why the NFL finally got its way the other day NOW have absolutely nothing to do with the original ALLEGED infraction....it is all about power, position and perception (and the fact the rest of the NFL owners are insanely jealous and sick of the PAtriots lol)I kinda understand how they feel......I grew up a Yankee fan in the middle of Red Sox nation, and until 2004 I had to wear protective vests during baseball season.   I was actually glad the Sox won it in 2004, although not the WAY they did it obviously.....Likewise, the patriots have had one of the longest string of "ELITE" successful seasons (2001 thru 2015) where they have won so many regular season games, division titles, playoff games, Conference Championships and Super Bowls......the fact they have done it in the ERA of the Salary Cap and Free Agency makes it perhaps the greatest long term (decade or more) success story in NFL history.   The 1970s Steelers, 1970s Cowboys, 1982-94 49ers  are other possible contenders but none had to deal with the free agency/salary cap deal I mentioned.    When the NFL owners  adopted the salary cap it was with the express, and PRIMARY, intent of preventing the exact dominance the patriots have achieved by promoting PARITY.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

DaBurglar you will never be smart enough to realize that even when a person is right,sometimes the smart thing to do is just let something move on and burn out.

Now as for what you wrote about all the other NFL owners being insanely jealous and sick of the Patriots, I say this: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

DaBurglar you will never be smart enough to realize that even when a person is right,sometimes the smart thing to do is just let something move on and burn out.

. That's good advice......maybe you should try it too.   Otherwise this is just more hypocrisy.....