TV gripe time

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
oej719
Video Poker Master

TV gripe time

Post by oej719 »

Why is it that TV commericals are so much louder than the program you are watching?

We can be watching a program and when a commerical break happens the volume jumps up sometmes 100%. And it does not matter which network you are watching, they all seem to jump the volume up between 50 to 100%.
So we just usually hit mute so we hear none of it.
What gives networks the right to be able to control that for me. They are defeating the purpose of commericals to me because it is so loud I hit mute instead of reducing volume and increasing volume when the program comes back on.
Wake up America.

JHock12
Forum Regular

Post by JHock12 »

This is a good point and if you can remember when you were a kid or have little ones running around they almost always stop what they are doing and are seemingly transfixed on the screen when a commercial comes on-especially if it is for a kid-related product.  The thing that advertisers have to fear in my opinion is these kid-friendly channels like Noggin or Gas that do not have commercials.  My niece and nephew almost never see commercials because my brother and sister-in-law are very strict on how much TV they watch and when they do it is almost always a DVD or one of these kids channels.  I guess when they get older they will be bombarded with ads like us adults are on a daily basis.