Bed Bugs in Vegas?

Where do you like to go? Who has good promos? Start a topic for your local area.
flamingomom
Forum Rookie

Bed Bugs in Vegas?

Post by flamingomom »

I've been to a web site which reports about incidents of bed bugs in the various properties in Vegas and other locations throughout the country.  Seems they are everywhere--from the average hotel up to and including the upscale locations.

Has anyone had any experiences regarding bed bugs in Vegas?  Frankly, I'm a little creeped out right now.  We're heading to Vegas in October and I'm more than concerned. 

Have you or anyone you know had a problem with bed bugs in Vegas?

JIMDUECE`SWILD
Video Poker Master

Post by JIMDUECE`SWILD »

Welcome to the forum ! ! !
An employee from the Taj told me that once in awhile they show up.
What is that website? ? ? ?

damule
VP Veteran

Post by damule »

Great...I'm reading this as I'm laying in a bed in Caesars Palace Las Vegas. All off a sudden I feel itchy. Sheeesh.

flamingomom
Forum Rookie

Post by flamingomom »

Thanks for the welcome Jim, and sorry to give you the itchies and scratchies, damule.  The web site I orginally referred to is bedbugregistry.com.  Take a look, if you care to.  I realize many VP players at the site visit Vegas often, which is why I am pursuing this.  I'm hoping to get firsthand information from people who have visited recently.

luigi1

Post by luigi1 »

I don't care if I am at the Ritz Carlton or (God forbid, and this is just for example) Motel 6, the I really do rip the sheets off the bed to check for undesirables.  Critters do not discriminate so neither do I.  Lucky so far, but takes a few minutes to check and a few more to put the room back together. 

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

i always check the beds now and i do not put my luggage on the bed.use that luggage rack to pack and unpack;if there are bedbugs they can get into your luggage too. 

valden

Post by valden »

I am a travel agent and I am always in different star hotels. I always, always, always check the bed. Look in the corners of the mattress and pull the sheets off. I also always ask at the desk if there have been problems with bed bugs before checking in. I actually had a hotel tell me that one room had them. Guess what...I cancelled my reservation right then and there. We were on I- 95 and just went down the road a piece. They wanted to charge me for one night but I protested on my Amex and didn't have to pay. I live in NJ and the waldorf has been plagued by them. Watch out Obama.