California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA) Privacy Notice
Last modified: July 6, 2020.
VIDEOPOKER.COM is a non-gambling Web site devoted to the game of video poker and is owned and operated by Action Gaming, Inc. Action Gaming, Inc. produces apps for mobile devices, tablets and other mediums. This CCPA Privacy Notice applies to the VideoPoker.com Web site, services and apps, including apps produced by Action Gaming, Inc., as well as all VideoKeno.com services and apps (collectively, “VideoPoker.com”). “Users” are persons who visit and/or interact with VideoPoker.com online. “Members” are persons who affirmatively register for an account with VideoPoker.com.
This CCPA Privacy Notice and the rights afforded under the CCPA apply only to residents of the State of California. We adopt this Notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA). Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Notice.
Personal information means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly with a particular consumer or household. Personal information does not include publicly available information or information that is aggregated or deidentified.
Personal information collected
VideoPoker.com does not collect personal information about non-members, such as users that merely visit and view VideoPoker.com, unless a non-member affirmatively provides personal information to VideoPoker.com. VideoPoker.com collects personal information described below about members.
If you have registered for a VideoPoker.com account, we may have collected the following categories of personal information from you within the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers such as email address, name, profile information, user ID, postal address, IP address;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including browser history, search history and information regarding your interaction with our website, application or advertisements;
- Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, including purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies; and
- Geolocation data, such as IP address.
VideoPoker.com obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you—for example, from forms you complete when joining the site or from products and services you purchase;
- Indirectly from you—for example, from observing your actions on our Website; and
- From third-party business partners, such as social media sites, ad networks, and analytics providers.
Use of personal information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you provide your personal information to join VideoPoker.com, we will use that information to create your member account.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
VideoPoker.com will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing personal information
VideoPoker.com does not share personal information with third parties.
Your rights and choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Request to know
You have the right to request that VideoPoker.com disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Deletion, and Opt-out Rights below), we will disclose to you:
(1) Specific pieces of personal information that we have collected;
(2) Categories of personal information we have collected;
(3) Categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
(4) Categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
(5) Categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and
(6) The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
Request to delete
You have the right to request that VideoPoker.com delete any of your personal information that we have collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Request to Know, Request to Delete and Request to Opt-out Rights below), we will delete your personal information, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity; or to prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Right to opt-out
You have the right to direct us not to “sell” your personal information.
Exercising access, deletion, and third party opt-out rights
Right to Know
To exercise the Right to Know, log into your account and visit our Personal Information Request link below.
https://www.videopoker.com/my_account/request/. You can also make a request at email@example.com.
Right to Opt-Out
Under the CCPA, the terms “sell,” “selling,” or “sale” mean selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a California consumer’s personal information to another business or third party for monetary or other valuable consideration. A business does not sell personal information when:
- The customer uses or directs the business to intentionally disclose his or her personal information or uses the business to intentionally interact with a third party, as long as the third party does not also sell the personal information; or
- The business uses or shares with a service provider personal information of a customer that is necessary to perform a business purpose, as long as (i) the business has provided appropriate notice that personal information is being used or shared and (ii) the service provider does not further collect, sell, or use the personal information of the customer except as necessary to perform the business purpose.
Based on our understanding of the CCPA, VideoPoker.com has not sold personal information about California residents, including minors under 16 years of age, within the preceding 12 months.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights, however, certain personal information is necessary for the Website to function for you. If you do choose to delete certain personal information (for example, your email address), you won’t be able to maintain member status.
If you have any questions regarding the CCPA, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.