Harrahs Lake Tahoe

Who has your favorite video poker games? Who should have more?
joechgo

Re: Harrahs Lake Tahoe

Post by joechgo »

Are you going for the Aerosmith concert?

chattycattty
VP Veteran

Post by chattycattty »

Not sure yet. We are meeting a bunch of people from the jwe. com website June 18 to 23rd then back again the end of August for the 7 star event. Was hoping they would add an event cruise but from what I am hearing those will not be offered this year.

Wife's BD is end of July so we may go for Aerosmith. At this point we are still waiting to see final slate of outdoor concerts.

joechgo

Post by joechgo »

Did they announce what concert will be taking place at the Tahoe seven stars event?

chattycattty
VP Veteran

Post by chattycattty »

Did they announce what concert will be taking place at the Tahoe seven stars event?

They just announced the details for the events. Everything is now on 7starinsider.com. Unfortunately there appears to be no concert for the 7 star event at Tahoe. The best event by far appears to be the one in Vegas. You get among other things your choice between either Rod Stewart and Aretha Franklin in concert.

alpax
Video Poker Master

Post by alpax »

Regarding the games and paytables, I lurk on Alan Best Buy Forums and last week it was reported at Harrah's Southern California (a.k.a Rincon) that there has been a good amount of downgrades to the members favorite machines to a point where it is not playable for them.

Would any change in pay tables stop you guys from making future trips at Lake Tahoe? I know its a wonderful place as a tourist regardless. I know some of those Rincon players will consider taking their play to Tahoe.

joechgo

Post by joechgo »

Regarding the games and paytables, I lurk on Alan Best Buy Forums and last week it was reported at Harrah's Southern California (a.k.a Rincon) that there has been a good amount of downgrades to the members favorite machines to a point where it is not playable for them.

Would any change in pay tables stop you guys from making future trips at Lake Tahoe? I know its a wonderful place as a tourist regardless. I know some of those Rincon players will consider taking their play to Tahoe.A cutback in Tahoe paytables would impact future visits.

joechgo

Post by joechgo »

[QUOTE=joechgo] Did they announce what concert will be taking place at the Tahoe seven stars event?

They just announced the details for the events. Everything is now on 7starinsider.com. Unfortunately there appears to be no concert for the 7 star event at Tahoe. The best event by far appears to be the one in Vegas. You get among other things your choice between either Rod Stewart and Aretha Franklin in concert.[/QUOTE]I just got back from Tahoe.  Had a great vacation.  I believe there will be a concert at the Tahoe 7-Stars event, but it hasn't been announced.  I agree that the Vegas 7-stars event appears to be best.  I will give them a call on 4/1 to book it.

chattycattty
VP Veteran

Post by chattycattty »

Did you hear about the possibility of a concert during the Tahoe 7 star event from a host or other potentially reliable source? Just wondering because if they do have a decent concert we will probably do our 7 star event in Tahoe. These 7 star events will fill up fast since there are no event cruises this year and there are at least twice as many 7 stars as there were a couple of years ago. I think on April 1st if a concert for Tahoe's event has not been announced we will go ahead and sign up for the one in Vegas so we don't get left out in the cold.

joechgo

Post by joechgo »

I just heard that there will be additional concert that haven't been announced yet. I don't know if there will be a concert on the 7 stars event weekend. I'm signing up for vegas as well, so perhaps we can meet.

Quick question - why do you think that there are twice as many 7 stars? A few years ago the requirement was 100,000 and now it's 150,000. So I would think the counts dropped, wvn considering the daily bonuses.

chattycattty
VP Veteran

Post by chattycattty »

The tier bonuses make it much easier to reach 7 star. In particular if you get 2500 or 5000 tc's in one day and you and I both know that is not that hard to do.

Under the old way to reach 100,000 tc for 7 star it would take 40 days of play at 2500 points per day or 20 days of play at 5000 points per day. If you do the math it would only take half the time to reach 7 star card status using the tier bonuses. Therefore at least twice as many 7 star cardholders.

BTW the official details of the 2015 7 star total reward program were just updated and are now available over at sevenstarsinsider.com. While it is still open to interpretation it looks like one of the 7 star benefits we will be losing will be the free wifi and in room movies. That is the way I am reading it any way.