Martiandale Clone

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
dinghy
Video Poker Master

Re: Martiandale Clone

Post by dinghy »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:58 pm
Gave her 100 bucks.
If I have a choice, I avoid bartops. A recent taxable was probably my first at a bartop in years. I tossed the bartender a five, then the attendant returned with my beloved US currency -- and hand-paid the bartender!

Is that how it goes?

The bartender counted the money into my hand. I had to toke the attendant who handled the paperwork, and then the bartender some more. And I assume it still wasn't enough. It was nowhere near 100 bucks. :oops:

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Some very nice hits there, recently. Couldn't help noticing that almost all of them were outside the "magic window" (4am-7:30am) where you've said most of your jackpots occur!

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

You are right OMT. Most of the recent ones are hitting on that one particular bar top machine. Or the one to over from it but mainly the first one I mentioned. The bar is closed due to Covid but they still allow play at the bar the bad part is the stalls are extremely uncomfortable and I end up standing most of the time. Reminds me of the old days when I would stand in a craps table for 16 hours or so. I fully expect this one machine to be gone pretty soon lately when the jackpots have been paid even the smaller ones they have been paid by a slot attendant which would be normal but a suit tags along with him and sometimes looks at the book inside of the machine. Personally I don’t think there is anything wrong with the machine it is just part of randomness. It could also be that I am catching up a little bit for being under royal buy a ton for 25 years. It’s funny though with the deuces wild jackpots and even the ones that aren’t jackpots I haven’t kept track exactly on the frequency of hitting the quad deuces but I know it is more than average

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I know I am on a watchlist of some sort now because lately when they have been paying out my jackpots they haven’t even asked for my ID or Social Security number and sometimes have the paperwork filled out ahead of time probably am under a bit more surveillance than the average doesn’t really bother me as long as they don’t get in my space physically. My friend that plays regular slot machines that are probably returning between 88 and 90% if that is using a version on the regular slot machines of martingale and he is doing very well. He doesn’t understand video poker at all but he is very good with math and sequences and he knows how I play and use it with the video poker all it does is come down to money management He plays at a very high-level either a $10 machine or sometimes even $100 machine. Yesterday morning within an hour he hit one of the regular slots for 10,000 and when he was waiting to get paid another one for 6000 he is definitely a head for the year but I don’t know by how much

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:27 pm
I know I am on a watchlist of some sort now because lately when they have been paying out my jackpots they haven’t even asked for my ID or Social Security number and sometimes have the paperwork filled out ahead of time
First part should be normal if they know you've hit a previous jackpot. All your info will be available in their computer.

Not sure I understand the latter part. The w2g can't be prepared until the jackpot details are known. There's also I believe a w9, but that should only be for first-timers.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

If I had hit one earlier the same day, the paperwork is mostly done when the slot attendant arrives. They still do everything manually. By now they all know me too. Some of them have been there 25 years. They tend to keep them in the same general area. Lately, every single one starts out with the phrase sorry about the wait. My wait times have been excellent even in the middle of the night. Usually less than 5 minutes.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:48 pm
They still do everything manually.
Manually meaning handwritten? I haven't received a handwritten w2g in a looong time.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Yes! If I cannot manage my money, it will be all over rather abruptly and I am doomed to the most miserable weekend that excludes a death. Unfortunately, I have come to the conclusion that I must keep 80% BR zipped in a separate Dopp kit for safety purposes. I get into drunken sailor mode very quickly. Losses come at you fast unless you start slow.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Stuck with the clone tonight. As I suspected they would, their roped off the entire area where my machine is I found my backup machine in another area. Speaking of ropes the clone had me on the ropes for a while and then I just hit this so I’m OK for the evening. And I’m out of here faster than a rocket 88. I’m out of here like I was still driving my 65 442.
97FAA089-9BAE-471E-8E65-91A9D6C1ED2C.jpeg

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Congrats Olds on your latest hits.