contests

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
imrocks
Forum Newbie

contests

Post by imrocks »

It is good that you tell us what we would have won if we were playing quarters, I think you should also tell us how much we would have lost.

Tony Felder
Forum Regular

Post by Tony Felder »

here here

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

In the past, we've had a lot of people complain that they've had a "terrible session" simply because they are well short of the leader. In fact, they actually had great scores a lot of the time... just not a dealt royal flush. The purpose of that feature is to let you know when you have, in fact, had a good session and may not realize it.To calculate your losses, simply figure out the coin-in for a session. For example, 100 deals, 3 hands of Triple Play, max bet 5 would be 1500 credits coin-in.Figure that out when a contest first starts and the win/loss amount for each session will be easy.

dipstick
Forum Rookie

Post by dipstick »

WebmanHogwash, lots of people feel the same way they just don't take time to communicate it to you.  In my case I've played over 160,000 hands and been competitive one time. This come from a guy who has hit over 100 royals and A's with a kicker in the last 10 years.  How many have I hit here less than 10 and only on 100 play.   These games are much TO  tight.  On the other issue if you can post the win its just as easy to post the loss... Thanks

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Thanks for the feedback. As for the games being too tight, the overall return from players is pretty much exactly what it should be. So you've unfortunately probably ended up on the low end of the expectations curve and hopefully your luck improves.

Anuenue
Forum Regular

Post by Anuenue »

Webman,Since I'm also on the low end of the expectation curve,  can I move to another machine??????

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

Webman,Since I'm also on the low end of the expectation curve,  can I move to another machine??????
Want to buy a flash player with all the big hits left in?

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

Webman I think you need to understand yes we may get some great sessions in the daily contests. But when you are playing to win and get that coveted entry into the TOC every non-winning session is a terrible session. The other day I would have won over 48k. But It was still a terrible session because I did not win the daily contest.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

I understand... sort of. What you're saying is that yesterday there was 1 great session and 18,814 terrible sessions. Well, I don't know how to help you with that. If you're going to feel terrible any time you fall short of a dealt royal flush plus a four of a kind with a kicker, you are setting yourself up for a lot of frustration.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

True, Is it not the reason you enter the daily contest is to win? Anything else could and should be deemed a failure. Actually I was talking about sunday