Did not win - are you sure it is working

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Did not win - are you sure it is working

Post by Eduardo »

Dear videopoker.com I was on the site (at least I think it was this site) and i saw somethign about a Mega Millions lotto. So I went out and bought a whole bunch of tickets for it. It was the highest prize of all time. You pick 5 numbers and a "mega" number. If you match them all, you win! I did not win. In fact, in all my tickets, I only matched 2 numbers once and 1 number once. the rest were ZERO. So I won nothing at all. They posted a bunch of winners (or the number of winners) on their web site and I didn't even make the top ten. In fact, I'm starting to think it's IMPOSSIBLE to make the top ten in this mega millions. Can you pick more of my numbers more often or loosen up the numbers a bit? It's just not fun if I can't win. Also if I cancel my gold membership or get a second gold membership for my brother and maybe one for my mother will that improve my chances of you picking my numbers? Maybe a prize for worst picks? Thanks. 

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

Quit complaining, you did better than I did.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

That's because you played a long-term strategy to try to reach the ER of -94 cents per ticket. The rest of us who are not deluded by math are not trying to lose 94 cents per ticket over the long term but hit the jackpot!

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

Yeah, but my long term strategy will pay out in a couple million years.

PS. The ER was more like 122% (with 3 winners).

Tomcat1569

Post by Tomcat1569 »

Yeah, but my long term strategy will pay out in a couple million years.

PS. The ER was more like 122% (with 3 winners).
 Meaning the value of each ticket was theoretically $1.22, correct? That must be why I played (and lost 100%)

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

Actually, it was probably more than that. I just looked at the big jackpot and discounted the smaller wins based on the 175 million to 1 odds.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

No wonder I lost, I had the decimals in the wrong place. Thanks I will win next time if they loosen it up a little.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

C'mon, of course , it had to be a machine malfunction. Eduardo I think you should report this to the authorities.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Did I ever tell you about the time I was playing 5 play and I was dealt the Mega Millions? After that happened I swore I would never play the Mega Millions again.