Some ads navigating me away from the forum

Comments and suggestions about VideoPoker.com
knagl
Forum Regular

Some ads navigating me away from the forum

Post by knagl »

Just a heads up that some of the ads are actually taking control of my browser window and whisking me off to another site.  As in, once the forum page and the ads loaded, I was actually navigated to "searcheworld.com" (three times) and "ct.yellow.com" (once), and no longer on the forum page.

It was as if I had entered those URLs into the browser, or clicked on an ad or a link to go to those sites, but I did neither -- I didn't even mouse over the ads.

There are some rogue ads in your rotation that are doing a lot more than just displaying content on the page.

...and, for what it's worth, I haven't had that problem with any other site, and do keep my anti-virus and anti-spyware scans up to date.

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

Same here. And after that my anti virus pops up and tells me it has blocked an attack.

ansoda
Forum Regular

Post by ansoda »

Me too!
     It has gotten so bad that I have to make 5-6 attempts before I can lock on to the forum. This read and reply has taken 20 minutes.
   I have been avoiding the site because it has become a pain.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Someone must be abusing the advertising that they are publishing. I'll put the team on it right away. If anyone knows what ad appeared on the screen before the redirect, it would be helpful.  Thanks for reporting it!

marie meijer
Video Poker Master

Post by marie meijer »

I have had same problems as knagl. "search e world" has popped up covering the screen, several times and VP.com totally disappears as if I had signed off. Then immediately, yellow pages, then accountants (in my own MI community) and white pages in rapid succession. I will PM you the very long web site for search e. There is another one that also covers the screen, w pink back ground. Either offer of clicking will not get rid of it until I click the X in red box top right of screen. Let you know later re that pink web site when it appears again. Another one that interferes with VP.com has about 15-20 photos of girls looking for work....this is uncool as I am often using very public computers in libraries and elsewhere. Others are often glancing at my computer screen. Tks.

JIMDUECE`SWILD
Video Poker Master

Post by JIMDUECE`SWILD »

I don`t know what ads were on because they are usually off screen.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Give it another 10 minutes or so and a new ad batch should be running. This will hopefully nuke the problem advertiser.We are also going to completely remove the smaller banner up top because it seems to lend itself to the most abuse.

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

This, Webmaster, has been my nemesis for the better part of 3 months now. Yellowbook and some other ad showing a job search engine will completely redirect away from the forum. They'll also freeze the computer so I tend not to visit more than necessary, even to play free games. They're not rogues, they appear regularly. Norton has blocked these dudes many times but eventually, some hacker programmer will figger out a way to install a worm with their re-directs. Those are the ones that concern me the most! 10:06 AM PST, and it just did it again, ironically. blinxx.com

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

The ad server is being slow to update today so the new set hasn't run yet.Ed, you only get these in the forum, correct?

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

Hey! Bring back the ads with the jiggly girls. I'm not prejudiced. Only at this site.