getting thrown out

Comments and suggestions about VideoPoker.com
delhi jules
Forum Newbie

getting thrown out

Post by delhi jules »

Why do I keep getting thrown out of the game.  I'll have a good score going and get thrown out.  It's pretty discouraging.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Are you referring to the contest? What happens when you "get thrown out?"

mymaggie
Forum Rookie

Post by mymaggie »

I keep getting booted from your website entirely to google. It's like I'm being hijacked! This is happening more than half the time while playing in the contest. Very frustrating. Actualy, I have had this problem for several months now. Only while on your website though.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Are you playing using the keyboard, or the mouse?

mymaggie
Forum Rookie

Post by mymaggie »

the mouse

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Can you tell me what browser you are using, and also what toolbars are installed?

mymaggie
Forum Rookie

Post by mymaggie »

We're using Internet Explorer 8. We have Google and a Norton security toolbar installed. 

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

Sounds like a weird problem. I have IE8 and the google toolbar as well. I don't have Norton nor do I use the mouse very often.

Of course, not being gold may be part of the situation as well since I don't have to deal with ads. I'd try using the keyboard and see if the problem goes away.

spxChrome
VP Veteran

Post by spxChrome »

I have the same problem and gave up on the games cause you loose the data.  Problem is that some of the banner ads are dead links and it takes me out to a page not found.  The banners refresh ever so often so that is when it happens.  It just happend to me posting a long reply to a forum post.  Lost an entire 2 paragraph post to it. 

And if its not the banner ad that gets you it could be your wifi,  if your low on bars and you go in and out of range when it goes to refresh the banner you will get booted.

Like I said I gave up on the games and have learned to ctrl-a ctrl-c every couple of sentences so I don't lose posts.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

This sounds like maybe a banner is violating the terms, which do not allow for redirects. It could be difficult to locate however without more information. I can't think of why a banner would redirect to Google, though. It could be two separate issues.