VIP Chat

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

VIP Chat

Post by BillyJoe »

WebMan, I don't know if it just me, but it seems like I am not getting all the text messages on the Chat since you made the changes to the system. The way I can tell is that someone will answer a question, but I never saw the question.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

I'll keep my eyes open for this kind of thing. Obviously this is tricky to track down without a specific case, but it's also hard to give an example of something that you didn't see. Next time you think you miss something, maybe ask the person what question they were responding to and you will know for sure  if that question never appeared for you?Obviously this won't work at the start of a chat, or if your chat resets it's connection, in which case everything in the chat window will start fresh again.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

Since chat has been brought up, would it be possible to put an "ON" switch on the left of the chat banner  just as there is an off switch.? This would enable us old slow, out of touch with the modern world an ability to turn on the chat after the game has loaded. Thereby avoiding the traffic jam on our slow systems.

marie meijer
Video Poker Master

Post by marie meijer »

Billy, This may just be the nature of chat with more users chiming in on several topics almost simutaneously. I sometimes respond several chat posts later as I was away or watching game or scoring or others posted before I could correct typos and dream up spelling before sending my response. Sometimes I wonder why a response materialized but can usually scroll back several entries and I can figure it out.
Sometimes chat does not appear until I switch games, since I have been playing on a net book this past week. I had not experienced this on my home computer. Perhaps it's a case of chat being quiet but I think not so.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

That's a good point, MM, about the answer coming way later from the questions. OK, new chat rule - must add person's name who asked the question to your answer.