Unable to complete contest game

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
WVRadar

Unable to complete contest game

Post by WVRadar »

Problem started yesterday.  While playing contest, a window pops up stating "This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you have entered may not be saved",  There are two options: 1)Stay on page or 2)Leave.  Selecting Stay on Page allows me to play about 2 to 10 more hands, then the game stops.  I am sent back to the contest home page.  If you check my scores today, I played all my sessions and don't have any score.Followed your advice in the sticky by cleaning my web browser, then downloading the Adobe Flash Player update and installing it.  This was before I used all my sessions, and it made no difference.I thought the culprit might be the iObit Malware Fighter.  I downloaded the new Advanced System Care 7.0 a few days ago and the Malware Fighter is part of that package.  Disabling the Malware Fighter and Advanced System Care, along with the Smart DeFrag made no difference in my last game, it still shut down.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

If you get the message that the page is asking you to leave and you didn't click anywhere, something on your system may be attempting to redirect you to another page.Another possibility is that your system time is for some reason causing a problem and thinks the contest has ended (could be a daylight savings bug?)1) Check the clock on your computer and make sure it's set to the correct date, time and year.2) Run a complete scan of your system and make sure you don't have any malware that could be redirecting you.

WVRadar

Post by WVRadar »

Further information: Tried Play Video Poker and didn't receive pop-up message, but game shut down anyway.  Was able to play on my laptop, so something must have changed on my desktop to cause the problem.  Can't work on this until later on today, I'll check back tonight to see if you've responded Webman.P.S.  Everything was fine Sunday, this was after downloading Advanced System Care 7.0.  My next step is to try System Restore and see if that solves the problem. 

WVRadar

Post by WVRadar »

If you get the message that the page is asking you to leave and you didn't click anywhere, something on your system may be attempting to redirect you to another page.Another possibility is that your system time is for some reason causing a problem and thinks the contest has ended (could be a daylight savings bug?)1) Check the clock on your computer and make sure it's set to the correct date, time and year.2) Run a complete scan of your system and make sure you don't have any malware that could be redirecting you.You must have responed while I was typing in my last post.  Clock is okay. I'll run a scan later.  Thanks for your assistance.

WVRadar

Post by WVRadar »

Ran a full malware scan.  15 threats were found, quarantined.  Tried playing again, same result.  Let's me play a few hands (usually less than 20, sometimes as few as 2), then game stops and returns to the page explaining the game you are playing (with Play Now button).  Unlike when playing the contest, I don't receive any warning that something is trying to leave the page.  It just goes back to that one screen automatically.Tried uninstalling the iObit Malware Fighter, Driver Booster and Turbo Booster.  Still unable to play game without being knocked off.Only other error I'm receiving is a window popping up telling me RTHDCPL.exe is not responding.  I usuall get this message when I log off the computer.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

That error is related to your sound card drivers. It sounds like your system is having a major issue of some kind, or potentially a virus. I'm guessing it if found and quarantined 15 items, if you rescan again it will find even more still on there.You might try another web browser first to see if that behaves any differently.

WVRadar

Post by WVRadar »

Think I found the problem.  I was using a new wireless optical mouse.  Switched to my old wireless mouse and was able to play a game without getting knocked off.I'll try the new mouse on my laptop and see if it causes the same problems I was having on my desktop computer.

WVRadar

Post by WVRadar »

It's definitely the new mouse.  Tried it on my laptop, let me play 19 hands then knocked me off.  Thanks for your assistance Webman.