ads

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
bigboy

ads

Post by bigboy »

Only when i am on vp.com, i am getting pop-ups for "winantivirus.com", and "drivecleaner.com". When they come up, i am getting frozen out of the website. Has happened 2 times for each this week. I set those sites to be restricted/blocked after the 1st occurence, but it didn't stop it. Is there an issue with your banner ads?

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

I had a problem with "Hot Searches" (AOL) that dropped down and blocked a large portion of the top message.  I guess AOL is just one more company I'll not deal with.  Pretty soon, I'll have to make or invent everything I want need or desire because of Spam or obnoxious ads <LOL>

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

I had a problem with drivecleaner.com about 3 times. Each time Norton got rid of it, but it keeps coming back.

bigboy

Post by bigboy »

I had a problem with drivecleaner.com about 3 times. Each time Norton got rid of it, but it keeps coming back.

Try spybot search and destroy. It's long and tedious, but the results are good.

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

WB, please tell me that Errorsafe.com is NOT one of your advertisers!  It just took off on me while reading posts with two new windows popping up with the result when I declined, that it closed videopoker.com!  It was going to "scan" my system registery!!!!!  

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

I'm having the ad department look into these issues asap.

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

Yep.  DriveCleaner was not the one that I was hit with but it was very similar in action.  I do wish there was a way to "mirror" that action with a bomb that would wipe out the content on their server.  

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

The ad department is performing a review to make sure there are no banner ads prompting these issues. It's possible that spyware on a user's system might target certain words when browsing a site.

None of the company / software names listed above are listed as advertisers on the site and the department will check to make sure there are no aliases that might be running such ads as well.

It's always a good idea to have spyware protection running on your system.

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

Yep...I'm running spyware by CA as well as popup blockers.