how many bowling fans are there here?

Discuss all things Las Vegas. Hotels, restaurants, good deals, airfares, cabbies, conventions, shows, etc.
shadowman
Video Poker Master

Re: how many bowling fans are there here?

Post by shadowman »

A body brace is not required. I can bowl. I just can't bowl as good as I would like. My style is similar to Parker's in that I have ... uh, had  ... a deep knee bend. I can no longer maintain that bend through my shot which pretty much kills my scores.

Maybe we can get together when you're in town. I haven't bowled in 10 months so it will probably take 10 pieces of tape in the thumbhole.

royal flush
Video Poker Master

Post by royal flush »

do you bowl at gold coast

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

[QUOTE=shadowman]I tend to get cranky when I see that beautiful roll kicking my butt.       Faygo are you seeing Earl Anthony as you quoted that?[/QUOTE]

If my memory serves me wasn't he called Mr. Smooth or was that Don Carter?  CRS has kicked in big time. It would just give me the all overs to watch Anthony roll the ball over the same board the same way everytime. No fuss, no muss.

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

do you bowl at gold coast

No, I used to practice at South Point early AM.

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

Or sometimes, Renatas Sunset lanes pre- southpoint? If my ailing memory works at all, I don't recall the great Don Carter as a southpaw. Is the house at Terribles Boulder anything worth thinking about? My coordinator for the travel league is always looking for alternatives. Our name"Nomads" is what we've become since Showboat/Castaways closed. 3 houses in 5 years. We've landed at Sams Town for now. I like it because I've been there for 10 years and decent VP but we've got some folks in our league who don't care for it. Last house was Suncoast and they also had decent VP but too much grumbling led us to Sams. It's getting old and these are older folks grumbling mind you!

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

Yup, I knew Don Carter wasn't a lefty was just looking for help with my failing memory as to who was called "Mr. Smooth."

jc1656
Forum Regular

Post by jc1656 »

I will be in vegas Tuesday night and can't wait but it will be tough without my normal bankroll! I told myself if I finish in the top 5 I will stay longer(incentive to kick some butt!),hey you never know the first twenty might get me a bankroll.

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

Last week I was still playing on $30 of freeplay when I hit an 800 credit bonus quad.  Later I cashed that out, put in another bill and hit for another 800 credits on the 3rd hand. Anything is possible.

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

JC, are you/were you in Fountain Valley this past week or did you just go straight to LV? Don't bother trying to pad your VP bankroll, Shadowman will have taken most of the good jackpots although he's nice enough to drop a couple for you at will call like Eduardo did for me

jc1656
Forum Regular

Post by jc1656 »

EDC I am coming from clermont,fl. on tuesday.