how many bowling fans are there here?

Discuss all things Las Vegas. Hotels, restaurants, good deals, airfares, cabbies, conventions, shows, etc.
Benford's Law
Forum Regular

Re: how many bowling fans are there here?

Post by Benford's Law »

Didn't Fa La La La La.... La la la la and Shadowman have a bowling match they were going to bet on a while back?  Whatever happened to that?~Benford's Law

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

You have to be sober to bowl He is more into drinking and talking about his special plays and hot machines. Maybe he has some special plays for bowling and secrets of how to spot some hot pins.
LOL.

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

I didn't know he could bowl. Why would he risk bruising his VP fingers?  

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

Rob backed out as usual. He demanded that the match be done before a specific day, which, of course, was just an excuse to cancel out.

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

I am surprised to hear that. Wow that really cast a shadow on my opinion of him now!!!!!

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

I will be in vegas Tuesday night and can't wait but it will be tough without my normal bankroll! I told myself if I finish in the top 5 I will stay longer(incentive to kick some butt!),hey you never know the first twenty might get me a bankroll.

I see Jason is currently in 7th place. Looks like that top 5 is a distinct possibility.    For those who wish to follow:

http://www.pba.com/livescoring/LiveScoring.aspx

pokeherguy

Post by pokeherguy »

I started bowling when I was 7 years old by the time I reached 15 I was carrying a 197 average and when they hired me as a league coach and a general flunkie I started bowling almost non-stop. I got to be pretty decent, the problem I had was being to consistant I hit 205 average and just stuck there, my thre game series were almost always the same. I stayed like that for a couple of years and began to lose interest only bowling on a saturday evening league and dropped down to around 195. This went on for a couple of years and I just quit when I moved to Ar. I started back a couple of years ago in a very limited way but recently I have started to get more into it again. I bought a new ball a month ago and it fits my style perfectly.Nothing great the first couple of series (202,213,209) (198,225,241). But it was good enough to get me out to practice more and it seems to be paying off. The last 2 series have been (268,266,239) (266,289,248). The 803 was my best ever. I really expect I'll get that 300 soon. These new balls are amazing, I've still got my Columbia white dot and my yellow dot but I can't put up scores like I have been with either of them. This Element AU79 makes the game a lot easier. Only problem is my knees are starting to give me trouble again.

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

[QUOTE=jc1656]I will be in vegas Tuesday night and can't wait but it will be tough without my normal bankroll! I told myself if I finish in the top 5 I will stay longer(incentive to kick some butt!),hey you never know the first twenty might get me a bankroll.

I see Jason is currently in 7th place. Looks like that top 5 is a distinct possibility.    For those who wish to follow:

http://www.pba.com/livescoring/LiveScoring.aspx[/QUOTE] Shadow, JC and Duke dropped out,probably due to bodily fatigue. Unfortunate! But at least thet can access some good VP!  

jm002546

Post by jm002546 »

Re your link looks like JC won't make the big show.  I am getting into townnear midnight tonight so I might have to run by RR to see if he is on the machines. Maybe Sun morning also.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

Whoa! I had no idea of Mr. Couch's stature in Bowling other than what SM had to say. Because my wife wouldn't let me at this machine today, I stumbled across the final match of the TOC on ESPN. While watching the announcers showed a graphic of folks with multiple wins of the TOC. If memory at this moment serves we right the three(?) top winners had won it three times. Jason is the only one to have won it three times in a row. My hat is off to you.
For those that missed it the last match was a doosey. Missed ten pin will get you everytime, especially when it is in the 9th.
I need to start watching a lot more.