Las Vegas RESORT FEES

Discuss all things Las Vegas. Hotels, restaurants, good deals, airfares, cabbies, conventions, shows, etc.
DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Re: Las Vegas RESORT FEES

Post by DaBurglar »

Well I agree with you both about the phone bill(s)  and Yes I do look at them....same thing with my Electricity Bill.....in MAssachusetts, we experienced a 35% hike in rates effective October 1, 2014, across the board, no questions or debates, it just went into effect and now everyone in the state is paying a crap load more for electricity this winter than ever before!!!!Now, the nominal reason for this hike (i.e. the justification the huge corporate entity that supplies electricity to all the retailers, who then charge people like me) is that NAtural GAS is expensive this time of year.....!?!?!?     While we all now that this seems absurd since both oil and natural gas are PLENTIFUL in the USA due to the massive efforts at "FRACKING" (a.k.a  Screw the Environment and the impact it will have on water tables and habitats we need to make SUVs "chic" again), it is due to the fact that much of what is produced domestically is exported overseas to places like china and india where they pay a lot more, so that in turn jacks the price up here.....and NATURAL GAS is the fuel that the ELECTRICITY provider uses to make the juice.....

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Some electricity is made by coal fired generators and there are these things now a days called wind turbines, ever heard of them?

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

You can rent a stupid tent Ted at Mohegan Sun by the pool for five hundred bucks for the day and I'm not kidding. That was last year. Who knows what this year will be.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

Some electricity is made by coal fired generators and there are these things now a days called wind turbines, ever heard of them? Ok, now you can explain why you posted this with the smarmy, pointlessly sarcastic tone at the end.......seriously, what's the point of this barb Ted?   what doe sit have to do with what I typed?  I only engaged in conversation WITH the other posters, NOT YOU.....what the heck does wind turbines have to do with anything?  Of course we know what they are and how they are used....but guess what?  in Massachusetts and New England in general, WIND POWER is only used on a limited scale due to the topography and general infrastructure (since this is one of the oldest portions of the country.)  Your attempt to be both clever and arrogant only shows your ignorance on THIS PARTICULAR subject....but of course your post was not about the topic at hand, it was all about simply tossing another barb at me.  This shows all your absurd posturing and justifications about how all your posts directed at me (immediately following mine) are NOTHING MORE than your relentless, childish, hostile, antagonistic attitude towards me...IT IS YOU and ONLY you who have from day one made this personal, and you know this to be true....But keep going, I will NEVER EVER do what you want, concede anything to you etc....as long as you continue to do this and post things like this latest "ever heard of wind turbines" crap, it further and further proves what I just said about you.....it's your time that's being wasted, as well as your reputation and standing in the eyes of the readers of this forum.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

You said that the electricity provider uses natural gas to power the generators that make the electricity and I simply pointed out one different fuel that is used to also power generators that make electricity along with a renewable energy source, the wind.

I did read that there was an attempt to place wind turbines off Cape Cod but it went no where. Its sad that they wouldn't take better advantage of all the hot air around you DaBurglar.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

You said that the electricity provider uses natural gas to power the generators that make the electricity and I simply pointed out one different fuel that is used to also power generators that make electricity along with a renewable energy source, the wind.

I did read that there was an attempt to place wind turbines off Cape Cod but it went no where.  I can tell just by the tone of this post you do not believe your own Bull Crap.......You did not "just simply point out" anything, you mocked and condescended and pointlessly tried to stir sh&t, AS USUAL......all the things you repeatedly accuse me of doing....... H Y P O C R I S YNatural Gas is the primary fuel in the northeast (it used to be coal for a long time)....now with Fracking (i.e.  the RAPING of the earth), we have a lot of oil and natural gas being produced domestically, but a large portion is shipping overseas to Asia and elsewhere simply because they pay a lot and have insatiable demand, so IF customers in America want Natural Gas this time of year they will pay fo rit.....at least this is the ALLEGED reasoning behind the rate hike for electricity........[QUOTE-TEDLARK] Its sad that they wouldn't take better advantage of all the hot air around you DaBurglar.[/quote]Well speaking of Natural Gas, its a shame we cant hook your backside up to the Power plant in Boston and supply the entire coastline.......har har har ha ha ha hee hee gigglesnort OINK

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Thank you for today's lesson DaBurglar.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

i just love it when he comes up with ' raping of the earth'.   

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

i just love it when he comes up with ' raping of the earth'.   Cool, I'm glad you love it and we agree on what Fracking ultimately represents......I encourage you to research the effect Fracking has been shown to have on the Water tables and supply in areas where Fracking is pursued and implemented....you'll love the term "raping of the earth" even more.......as we both know, clean pure water is far more vital to the Human Race than keeping fossil fuels within a certain price range, right?

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

b/t/w, how are you getting to vegas?   at one time, al gore had one of the largest residential carbon footprints in TENN.