Staying at Planet Hollywood

Discuss all things Las Vegas. Hotels, restaurants, good deals, airfares, cabbies, conventions, shows, etc.
MPD001

Re: Staying at Planet Hollywood

Post by MPD001 »

I've stayed at suites at other CET hotels and except for Cromwell, where they have a coffee pot and the fixings at the elevator (trying to mimic Europe?), they had coffee pots.  I had a Keurig at the Linq.  I'm going in August, 4 days there and 4 days at the Flamingo.  I get free suites from my host for all nights I'm there so I don't expect him to comp me much more and he doesn't :)   If I ask he would but I don't ask. 
Depending on the property, CET and MGM offers comp coffee in the VIP check-in area in the morning. Caesars is by the Augustus Towers. Wear your robe, at least.

CET's policy is now Reward Credits first for F&B, then the host can look at additional comps, based on your play. Rooms are usually fully comped without using reward credits, though.

If you would like comps from your host for F&B, use up your Reward Credits for retail before checking with the host. Could mean a lot of tee-shirts.    

The one and only time that I stayed at PH, I was in a suite. I had no hot water for three days, due to a maintenance issue, and it affected all the suites on our floor. Each day they said it was fixed, but the next morning - another cold shower. I finally gave up, and had them move me to Caesars for the rest of my Vegas stay. This was a few years ago.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Thank you Tedlark!  Good luck to you too!  I'll be there 8/12-8/20.  Maybe I'll see you at the airport when you're coming in 

Who knows; I'm supposed to have wheels on the ground at McCarran about 8:45 pm. Thanks for the good luck wishes.

Sandrina Roc
Forum Regular

Post by Sandrina Roc »

Thanks for the info.  I have almost $700 to use and I use it for food and incidentals.  OH and for the Internet fee, which I think is crazy that they charge $13.99/day.  I try to limit it to every other day.  I use my phone otherwise. 

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

Thanks for the info.  I have almost $700 to use and I use it for food and incidentals.  OH and for the Internet fee, which I think is crazy that they charge $13.99/day.  I try to limit it to every other day.  I use my phone otherwise. 

Are you diamond? If not, you'll automatically be charged a $25+tax/day "resort fee", which will also include your internet.

Sandrina Roc
Forum Regular

Post by Sandrina Roc »

Yes I'm a diamond and I know I don't pay the resort fee which is why I have to pay for wifi fee.