Return to borgata

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Re: Return to borgata

Post by Tedlark »

FAA wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:00 pm
Two more jitney rides today. En route to Borgata, of course we picked up a wheelchair patron, slowing things down further. At least the driver asked if anyone wanted GN. Nobody replied, so we breezed right past that sucker. On the way back, it was full and people at multiple stops yelled at us that they had waited one hour! Including of course, a wheelchair.
FAA, can you get any more uncaring? Let's skip the part where, in another post, you said that you hated the jitney's but here you are in one again.

Now lets discuss your discriminatory and insensitive comments and wheelchair bound people. How would YOU like to chair-bound? You've discussed a certain DB here before but you have apparently forgotten that HE is chair-bound?

You refer to women in a derogatory manner (which indicates to me that you may not have one on your life) and now you are insulting the handicapped.

Which group are you going to insult next?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Tedlark wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:43 pm
FAA wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:00 pm
Two more jitney rides today. En route to Borgata, of course we picked up a wheelchair patron, slowing things down further. At least the driver asked if anyone wanted GN. Nobody replied, so we breezed right past that sucker. On the way back, it was full and people at multiple stops yelled at us that they had waited one hour! Including of course, a wheelchair.
FAA, can you get any more uncaring? Let's skip the part where, in another post, you said that you hated the jitney's but here you are in one again.

Now lets discuss your discriminatory and insensitive comments about wheelchair bound people. How would YOU like to chair-bound? You've discussed a certain DB here before but you have apparently forgotten that HE is chair-bound?

You refer to women in a derogatory manner (which indicates to me that you may not have one in your life) and now you are insulting the handicapped.

Which group are you going to insult next?

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Have women, but not wheelchairs. I did totally space on DB. I apologize to him and all other members who are incapacitated. I do not view my satirical CW comment as insensitive and accept that comedy is by definition subjective. Maybe you should too.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

FAA wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:15 am
Have women, but not wheelchairs. I did totally space on DB. I apologize to him and all other members who are incapacitated. I do not view my satirical CW comment as insensitive and accept that comedy is by definition subjective. Maybe you should too.
I have a pretty good sense of humor but I also know when something is flat out just not good taste. My suggestion to you would be to read over something before you post it and ask yourself: will this offend anyone?

jetermacaw
VP Veteran

Post by jetermacaw »

It’s so much easier to just take a taxi. And if $13 is going to affect your gambling budget you probably shouldn’t be gambling.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Tedlark wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:35 am
My suggestion to you would be to read over something before you post it and ask yourself: will this offend anyone?
While I agree with the sentiment, I think the term "anyone" is a bit too strict. There seems to be a lot of people these days roaming around looking for something to be offended by.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

Funny joke. A life form, a life form and a life form locomote into a structure.

Stop me if you've heard this one.

The life forms communicate.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

onemoretry wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:47 am
Tedlark wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:35 am
My suggestion to you would be to read over something before you post it and ask yourself: will this offend anyone?
While I agree with the sentiment, I think the term "anyone" is a bit too strict. There seems to be a lot of people these days roaming around looking for something to be offended by.

I could have just cut the question to: "Will this offend?"

I, am not easily offended and maybe before some other people judge: they walk in a different pair of shoes and see how comfortable they are compared to the ones that they broke in.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I had such a fun time back at the Borg. I would never do a $26 RT cab ride, but one leg would be worth it. Jitney patronage invites too much frustration, aggravation and with my luck constipation.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

They even made the front page on a holiday weekend.
Attachments
79882D49-B9DB-4845-80D8-5AF45AD76B98.jpeg