City of Low Lights

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
FAA
Video Poker Master

City of Low Lights

Post by FAA »

Pres. Trump has a friend named Jim, "a very, very substantial guy." We don't know much else about Jim, except that "he loves the City of Lights, he loves Paris. For years, every year during the summer, he would go to Paris. It was automatic with his wife and his family. Hadn't seen him in a while. And I said, 'Jim, let me ask you: How's Paris doing?' 'Paris? I don't go there anymore. Paris is no longer Paris.'"So it is with AC. My insatiable weekly fix has whittled down to monthly. I don't miss it as much. 4.5 hours of travel to break even if lucky is a lot of bother. My next trip had better be memorable, or I will whittle even more. I think it's best to just spend 90% of future visits at Borgata. I need a change from the overly familiar CET environment and the lousy free play system. Time to put them in my rear view!

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

When I lived on Long Island, I'd leave my house at noon and get to my hotel room in AC around 4:30.
Then I realized I could leave my house at noon and be in my hotel in Vegas by 4:30.

paco13
VP Veteran

Post by paco13 »

I have free room offers for Vegas but I'm holding out for them to cover the airfare too. And hopefully for a weekend not midweek. Oddly enough I have free air and stay offers to AC. The airport is an hour drive then add in the other time spent before you board and after you land and I figure might as well drive the 4 hours and can come and go as I please plus take more than 1 guest.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I really minimized my loss today. -$8 net. 16 TC. Blew off Borgata. I need to walk the walk.Or at least jitney the jitney.