A SIMPLE QUESTION

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
notes1
Video Poker Master

Re: A SIMPLE QUESTION

Post by notes1 »

the couple in st.louis legally owned their weapons. if they feel endangered, they have every right to protect themselves and their property.

give your source that the couple illegally put up gate.
and, what gives protesters the right to break it down?

once the couple showed they were willingly to defend their property, the mob moved on.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

I haven't fully kept up on this one, but from what I know:

1) The couple had every right to protect their home, including standing outside with guns

2) The crowd was clearly unruly. I don't care if the gate was installed legally or illegally. I doubt the crowd made an attempt to look for a permit before deciding to bust in. Peaceful protesters should not be breaking ANYTHING.

3) Them breaking down the gate alone wouldn't have been justification for killing anyone. But as a protester, you are getting into very dangerous territory here when you are breaking things anywhere near people's homes. It's certainly reasonable to think the homeowners would feel threatened in these circumstances. If this escalates- at all- someone could easily get killed. Again, as a peaceful protester you shouldn't be in this situation. If someone does get killed, then there would be a very messy legal situation. Fortunately, that did not happen.

4) I have heard the couple pointed the weapons at the crowd (possibly even with a finger on the trigger). This should not have happened, unless they planned to shoot someone. This is just basic gun safety. If someone in the crowd were armed, a weapon pointed at the crowd would also be a good excuse to open up on the homeowners. They actually put themselves (and everyone present) in far greater danger if this happened.

5) I've heard there were weapons in the crowd, but haven't seen evidence of that. That's the word of the homeowner alone, unless I've missed something. I wouldn't necessarily believe the homeowner about that statement, even though I think they are innocent here. It may be an additional "fact" they have added in order to make this a clearer case of self-defense. I'm just naturally skeptical of these things. Nobody is perfect, including victims. But if there were guns, all the more reason for them to be terrified.

Guns or no guns in the crowd, my opinion on the situation is the same. This could have gotten violently out of control very easily and based on all the facts I've read, the protestors had no right to be there. The homeowners did not conduct themselves perfectly, but in a very emotional and crazy situation, they handled themselves well enough to not shoot anyone and were lucky enough to get out of it with only a little bit of damaged property. They did screw up by pointing their weapons (if that is true), but given the circumstances they should not be charged with anything for that. Any charges against the homeowners are (in my opinion) almost certainly politically motivated.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Why didn't the protestors have a right to be there? That night ,they marched two miles through residential neighborhoods and not another home owner felt the need to arm themselves, nor were there reports of any damage. The Portland Gate fence has been in court for months if not years, as the couples neighbors, sue them for putting it up on what is, at best, community property.
This couple, who can best be described as slip and fall lawyers, have filed hundreds of civil suits for themselves in recent years, and had called the police so often on their neighbors that the police stopped responding.

rockinrobin

Post by rockinrobin »

notes1 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:09 am
-the police get a call from a woman, that a man (her ex boyfriend) had come into HER home, taken HER keys and left with HER car. the woman identifies the man. he also touched her sexually, without consent.
-on july 6, an arrest warrant had been issued for SAME man, for 3rd degree sexual assault, trespassing and disorderly conduct, all in connection with domestic abuse, last month.
-blake had a criminal history
-when police arrive and attempt to arrest blake, he does not oblige.
-police draw their weapons, as further motivation to oblige, he walks away.
-blake opens car door, where a knife is found, he reaches inside and is shot.
The call to the police was from his girlfriend saying he was trespassing. She then told dispatch a
He was leaving and she wouldn't cooperate and give anymore info. What you say happened on that call is not true.
What you state happened actually occurred in May. He did have a warrant for that, but police would not state if they knew this before the shooting.
They did state he had no prior criminal record.
The knife was not found until after the shooting. The police did not know it was there. I carry a knife to cut a seatbelt if needed. Does that mean I can be shot as well?
https://www.doj.state.wi.us/news-releas ... shooting-0

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/202 ... 628076002/

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

cannot disagree with post above.
-the only video came from protesters, only get one perspective. the couple were busy trying to protect themselves, to take time to film crowd. THEY are the victims.
-no one said just breaking down gate would justify a killing. but, if you a just two people, and there are dozens or hundreds yelling and threatening you, things can get out of hand very quickly.
-does anyone believe these mobs are ONLY made up of 'peaceful' protesters. C'mon man, are peaceful folks burning down buildings, destroying public/private property, looting.

these protesters are playing a dangerous game. they have the numbers, so they are ruling by intimidation. folks are going to start standing up to them. there will be dead bodies, because the ruling dems, will not put a stop to this in the cities they run.

blood will be on the hands of dems.

felix

Post by felix »

Yep, as Biden said yesterday, Trump desperately needs violence and unrest. The more he can get right now, the better his chances are of, first, promoting himself as the law and order president, second, portraying Biden as the tool of lawless radicals, and third, taking the voters' minds off of Trump's incompetence in mishandling COVID-19.

So Notes, don't be outraged at the current violence. Be glad. Your brave hero in the White House, Cadet Bone Spurs, certainly is.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

notes1 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:50 pm
cannot disagree with post above.
-the only video came from protesters, only get one perspective. the couple were busy trying to protect themselves, to take time to film crowd. THEY are the victims.
-no one said just breaking down gate would justify a killing. but, if you a just two people, and there are dozens or hundreds yelling and threatening you, things can get out of hand very quickly.
-does anyone believe these mobs are ONLY made up of 'peaceful' protesters. C'mon man, are peaceful folks burning down buildings, destroying public/private property, looting.

these protesters are playing a dangerous game. they have the numbers, so they are ruling by intimidation. folks are going to start standing up to them. there will be dead bodies, because the ruling dems, will not put a stop to this in the cities they run.

blood will be on the hands of dems.
was referring to eduardo's post

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

RR, i am quoting newsweek," the newspaper (kenosha news) reported a woman living in the 2800 block of 40th street, told the police in May, that blake, her ex boyfriend had come into her home, taken her car keys and vehicle. she also said he had touched her sexually without consent"

if YOU are in the process of being arrested, for a warrant that had been issued, the police have their weapons drawn, you do not obey their commands to stop, you go to your car, where there is a knife, you are damn sure you might be shot.

what do you expect, they throw you a party?

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

ah felix, don't be mad. when your guy joe had nothing but chinese virus as his running mate, all of you thought you had the election in the bag. joe had nothing else, just like his accomplishments...zero. but, then something happened that was good for country and bad for you. infections are decreasing and deaths are falling. and, of course, you can't escape the fact that NY and NJ are still the overwhelming sources of deaths, BOTH run by dems.

then came the riots and your team tried to play cute and it has stung you in the a$$. just like most of the trump haters on this site, y'all refused to condemn the rioters, looters, anarchists. and, all the uprisings are also happening in dem run cities.

instead of playing politics, trump stood by law and order, as he has from the beginning. he condemned the criminals, advocated for law and order, while your team just watched and gave tacit approval to the demonstrators.

think the voters didn't notice all this, think the voters really want to live under threat from mobs. think voters really want less cops. silly dems!

rockinrobin

Post by rockinrobin »

He wasn't in the process of being arrested for the warrant because the didnt know of the warrant at the time. They had no idea at the time that he had a knife in the car. Do you know he wasn't just going to the car to leave with his sons or be with them? No, you have no idea why he went to his car. You just assume. He had no weapon on him and was not threatening police. Walking away does not justify being shot in the back. You stated the things that happened in May were why his girlfriend called the police now. It was not. You stated he had a criminal record. According to Wisconsin DOJ he did not. You stated he had a knife. He had one in his car, which no one was aware of until after he was shot. Unarmed people walking away should not be shot.

Please tell me why these armed people were allowed to storm past State Police and enter the capital building without being shot then. The broke doors to gain entry. Under your reasoning, they should all have been shot, right?
https://www.npr.org/2020/08/25/90578554 ... rs-session