Happy Indigenous Peoples Day

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
billryan
Video Poker Master

Happy Indigenous Peoples Day

Post by billryan »

Having lived in NYC for so many years, where we celebrate two different Columbus Days, with two different parades, it is strange that the State of Arizona calls today's holiday Indigenous Peoples Day.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Never forget Cristoffa Corombo, who sailed off in search of Asia and never actually set foot in North America.

In fact, he never even realized what America was. Even when died, he still thought he'd found China and Japan.

That's not really the impression I had of him growing up. Weird.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

When Cortez reached what is now Mexico City, his men were shocked to find indoor plumbing, with hot and cold running water, and that even in the summer time, ice was readily available. What really surprised them were the books. Books in Europe were rarely seen, and only a very few could read them. Aztec children learned to read and write in public schools, something that wouldn't exist in Spain for another three hundred plus years.
Thank God that the Conquistidors brought civilization to such a backwards land.

FlushorBust
Forum Rookie

Post by FlushorBust »

Aren't we all indigenous people of this planet? Lol

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Yep. I'm from Queens, so I guess that makes me a native American. Elizabeth Warren too.

FlushorBust
Forum Rookie

Post by FlushorBust »

Carcounter wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:23 am
Yep. I'm from Queens, so I guess that makes me a native American. Elizabeth Warren too.
Hahaha 🤣🤣 good stuff!!
Hunter Biden is done for...underage sex tapes leaked