the vaccine is here...

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Re: the vaccine is here...

Post by OTABILL »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:03 pm
Likewise. Hope my dad who is in assisted living will get his ASAP. We will all have to be just as careful as we are now until all of this settles out over time and we see how long and to what extent the immunity is good for. If only half of Anerica decides to get vaccinated, unless this thing mysteriously disappears overnight which it won’t we are all still screwed. If this thing is like the regular Flu at all, we may need a new one every year.
The Pfizer vaccine requires two doses so they will be getting the second in 17-21 days. Because it needs super cold storage, it is highly probable that the general population will need to wait until the Moderna vaccine is available. Much easier to handle.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

ottabill,if you are able to answer this question, what was the criteria that deemed your family members were able to qualify for vaccine, are they both front line health care workers?

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

notes1 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:56 pm
ottabill,if you are able to answer this question, what was the criteria that deemed your family members were able to qualify for vaccine, are they both front line health care workers?
Both work in hospitals that treat Covid patients.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

OTABILL wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:23 pm
notes1 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:56 pm
Both work in hospitals that treat Covid patients.
thank you and your kids, for the work they do.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Ditto OTA. Prayers on the way for them.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

trump repeatedly promised that 20 million Americans would be vaccinated this year.
We are barely at two million and none of them will be fully vaccinated by year's end. Meanwhile, millions of doses sit in warehouses. The number of doses distributed in Southern Arizona continues to be zero.
Missed it by that much.
At the current pace, it will be into next Fall before enough vaccines are available to begin hoping for herd immunity.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

billryan wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:58 am
trump repeatedly promised that 20 million Americans would be vaccinated this year.
We are barely at two million and none of them will be fully vaccinated by year's end. Meanwhile, millions of doses sit in warehouses. The number of doses distributed in Southern Arizona continues to be zero.
Missed it by that much.
At the current pace, it will be into next Fall before enough vaccines are available to begin hoping for herd immunity.
I am hearing trump's golf game is improving though. Or it could be the reason his scores are lower is that he used his excellent negotiating skills to get a few extra mulligans.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

At the current rate, it will be well into Biden's second term before all Americans are vaccinated.
Even if he can follow through with his intended rate of 50 million Americans vaccinated in his first 100 days, it will be deep into 2022 before we reach herd immunity.
Meanwhile, millions of doses sit in warehouses, awaiting someone to have a coherent plan to distribute them.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Who's second term? LOL.....

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Tedlark wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:40 pm
Who's second term? LOL.....
Yeah, if the betting markets gave Biden even a 5% chance of having a second term right now, I'd be shocked.

Of all the modern Presidents, I think Trump has aged the least over his first 4 years. Obama aged incredibly. I think the job weighed a lot more on Obama than it did Trump. I think the weight of it will just about break Biden. I wish him well and we'll see how he looks in 4 years, but I think 8 is likely out of the question.