MAGA Terrorist Attack on Capitol

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
billryan
Video Poker Master

Re: MAGA Terrorist Attack on Capitol

Post by billryan »

Tedlark wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:46 pm
To those two individuals who posted here about the death of a second U.S. Capital Police Officer: yes; a second U.S. Capital Police Officer has died this week.

However: U.S. Capitol Police did not link Officer Howard Liebengood’s death while off duty to Wednesday’s deadly insurrection on Capitol Hill. This is directly from a report posted on the web site: "The Guardians of Democracy."

If you are going to post here, just be accurate, fair, and correct. And fair means also reporting on the Air Force veteran who was shot by a U.S. Capital Policeman during last Wednesday's ugliness. I have yet to see anything posted on that or the others who died.
She was part of a mob that attacked our democracy and from her social media posts went to DC to overturn an election her guy clearly lost. What else is there to say? That she loved her dog?
Have you seen the video of the mob dragging an officer down the steps and stomping on him, trying to get other cops to abandon their efforts to secure a door and try to rescue him? Did you see the guy using the trump flag to smash the prone officer's face mask while kicking him?
That only one of these assholes was shot is a tribute to the professionalism of the officers.
I hope each of them is identified and gets to spend the next decade in jail.
There is a youtube video of a young woman sobbing and complaining that the police maced her. When asked what she was doing there, she said they were there to storm the Capitol.
Sadly, I don't think this is the last time we will hear from these "patriots".

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Please refrain from using profanity when posting in the forums billryan.

rockinrobin

Post by rockinrobin »

Tedlark wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:46 pm
To those two individuals who posted here about the death of a second U.S. Capital Police Officer: yes; a second U.S. Capital Police Officer has died this week.

However: U.S. Capitol Police did not link Officer Howard Liebengood’s death while off duty to Wednesday’s deadly insurrection on Capitol Hill. This is directly from a report posted on the web site: "The Guardians of Democracy."

If you are going to post here, just be accurate, fair, and correct. And fair means also reporting on the Air Force veteran who was shot by a U.S. Capital Policeman during last Wednesday's ugliness. I have yet to see anything posted on that or the others who died.
If you would have read SMR's post right above your post before you posted this smug response, you would have seen that they corrected their comment on the officer's death a full 3 hours before you felt the need to comment.

As far as the others who died, they died while committing federal crimes after being incited by the POTUS. 2 of their families have commented in the news that they blame him. The officer died a hero, the others, not so much.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Sadly, those dead terrorists will be treated like martyrs by many, including a few people who post here.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

Tedlark wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:56 pm
Please refrain from using profanity when posting in the forums billryan.

I read and reread BR's post. What are you talking about? Using the word assholes to describe the throng of cowards that attacked our House and Senate members, our Vice President and our democracy and constitution? I can think of quite a few other words to describe what I think about them that are much much worse. If you are referring to another post please reference.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I just watched the mob smashing in the windows of a door that was barricaded with chairs, desks, and whatever the police could find. Someone busted out a side window and the "Air force veteran" was climbing through it. Officers on the other side warned her not to go through the window but she ignored them and she got shot. What else is there to say?

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

billryan wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:48 pm
What else is there to say?
Thank you for your service, I'm sorry the Commander in Chief blatantly lied to you and made you believe the vote was rigged and our country was being stolen, when in reality he's just a pathetic loser who got beaten badly by a senile, average at best Democrat. You also made your own bad decisions and it's terrible that it ended up this way. I'm sure you did a lot of great things in your life. This wasn't one of them. We'll do our best to remember you for your better moments. May you rest in peace.

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

I wonder what BR would've called guys Paul Revere and George Washington back in the day.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

billryan wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:29 pm
Sadly, those dead terrorists will be treated like martyrs by many, including a few people who post here.
I rest my case.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Jstark wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:42 am
I wonder what BR would've called guys Paul Revere and George Washington back in the day.
Off-hand, I'd repeat William Prescott's immortal words. Or possibly Edmund Burke's.
I don't know about you, but I have taken an oath to defend my country from all enemies, foreign and domestic. Even though it was almost forty years ago, it didn't come with an expiration date.