MAGA Terrorist Attack on Capitol

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
felix

Re: MAGA Terrorist Attack on Capitol

Post by felix »

I know you can't bankrupt punitive damages, but can you bankrupt defamation? Any lawyers on this board? Powell will be paying that judgement off for her next 13 lifetimes. I cannot think of a kook more deserving. She is the only person I can think of who makes Trump look sane.

"Hey, Mom, there's a bill collector at the front door. He wants $1.5 billion. Want me to get your purse?"

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

Turns out as more info comes out that this terrorist act could have been much worse. Emboldened by misinformation, throngs of wannabe anarchists were not just looking to make a political statement. There is no doubt this violence was incited by a dangerous, unhinged soon to be ex president. One that should be using his time and energies to fight the coronavirus and work with the next administration insuring a smooth transition. I honestly don't know where we go from here.

jetermacaw
VP Veteran

Post by jetermacaw »

What is more disconcerting to me besides the horrendous act, is who was ultimately in charge for the security of that building. The Who, What and Where. Nothing political.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Arrests are being carried out nationwide, and thanks to donny's executive order, these clowns are looking at serious time. Unless, of course, the law and order president pardons them.

rascal
VP Veteran

Post by rascal »

The other thing to come out from the invasion of the Capitol is once again what a coward Trump is. He whipped his crowd of bootlickers into a frenzy and told them to march on the Capitol and he said I will be right there with you.

Then he scooted back to the safety of the White House and watched the whole thing on TV while he probably munched potato chips and guzzled beer.

I posted on this forum back during the election campaign that I would never vote for a cowardly draft dodger and that is exactly what Trump is. Bone spurs! The Bone Spur king sat in his oversized easy chair and watched on TV as the crowd he whipped into a frenzy did his dirty work. He probably laughed out loud as HIS rioters smashed a capitol police officer in the head with a fire extinguisher.

I cannot wait for January 20 when that coward will finally be gone. Good riddance!

And before any Trump lovers slam me, I am a Vietnam vet (Da Nang when it all started), and a lifelong Republican who thinks Ronald Reagan was our greatest president.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Rascal, my roomate at UCONN was at DaNang. He went in right after we graduated. So he would’ve been there in the second half of 1970 and during 1971. Luckily,he came home OK. A piece of shrapnel nailed his boot in the heel, but missed his foot. It’s probably unlikely that you knew him but you never know. His first name was Dick Short for Richard. By the way I agree with you on RR. My dad as part of the helicopter crew that was delivering the new chopper to the White House, was given by President Reagan a signed jellybean jar. Cherished by the family of course. I still have my dad a World War II vet who is going on 97.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

my mom and father, hopefully by the mercy of JESUS are in heaven ! my father once told me , you will miss the old man when he is gone . He was so right !! thank GOD you still have your father here Olds !

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

A gift from above every day. Don’t want to get overly sentimental, lost my mom five years ago and it still seems like yesterday to me. I just heard on the news we lost one of the Tuskegee airmen to Covid. He was just shy of 101 years young.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

Saint Paul said , I prefer to be away from the body and with the LORD !!! for that is the far better thing ! The best is yet to come ! as Frank Sinatra would say .

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

rascal wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:01 am
The other thing to come out from the invasion of the Capitol is once again what a coward Trump is. He whipped his crowd of bootlickers into a frenzy and told them to march on the Capitol and he said I will be right there with you.

Then he scooted back to the safety of the White House and watched the whole thing on TV while he probably munched potato chips and guzzled beer.

I posted on this forum back during the election campaign that I would never vote for a cowardly draft dodger and that is exactly what Trump is. Bone spurs! The Bone Spur king sat in his oversized easy chair and watched on TV as the crowd he whipped into a frenzy did his dirty work. He probably laughed out loud as HIS rioters smashed a capitol police officer in the head with a fire extinguisher.

I cannot wait for January 20 when that coward will finally be gone. Good riddance!

And before any Trump lovers slam me, I am a Vietnam vet (Da Nang when it all started), and a lifelong Republican who thinks Ronald Reagan was our greatest president.
Rascal, thank you for your comments and thank you for your service.