Jan 20, 2021: Out With the Old in With the New

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
billryan
Video Poker Master

Re: Jan 20, 2021: Out With the Old in With the New

Post by billryan »

Lady Gaga knocked it out of the park. It seemed like an unusual choice but she gave a great rendition of our National Anthem.

felix

Post by felix »

he last time I had this feeling was when the pest control man finally got the roaches out of our kitchen.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Feels so great to do a wholesale housecleaning. As is underway at the White House, if not already completed by now.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

Less than 24 hours into the Biden presidency, so far so good. While he inherits the unenviable task of juggling so many crises, not sure it is even possible to be 100% successful, those that criticize will be sure to pounce as setbacks are sure to occur along the way. As far as unifying the country, as a nation we have been divided almost exactly down the middle for so long that is not likely to happen. He can however bring a sense of honestly, decency, and leadership back to the executive branch of government that has sadly been lacking the past four years. It will be a breath of fresh air to have a president that will not lie to us

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Sweet the rains new fall, sunlit from heaven
Like the first dewfall on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where his feet pass
Morning has broken, like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for them springing fresh from the world.

It is morning in America. The storm has passed.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Is that even possible with politicians? I kind of doubt it. That said, looking at many of the executive actions, plans, erc, polarization will not only continue, but get worse. I as an individual, can practice fairness and equality, but I do not think politiciabs are capable of that. Ler!s hope the Covid plans will at least work without near. Bankrupting the Country. That has to be number one right now. If we can’t beat Covid, we are finished.

felix

Post by felix »

The prediction is 500,000 U.S. deaths from COVID by mid-February. The U.S. is now the worst country in the world for COVID cases and deaths. One year ago there were only a small handful of cases in the U.S.

That COVID was allowed to continue to rapidly multiply into a horrible U.S. health crisis is Trump's worst failing, worse even than inciting the riot at the Capitol.

But let's be honest ---- we Americans are a spoiled and pampered bunch. If we had all worn masks and practiced SERIOUS social distancing back at the very beginning, as well as encouraged closing of businesses and public places rather than fighting for a too-early re-opening, COVID could have been nipped in the bud. So while Trump was terrible negligent, many of our citizens were negligent also. There is a lot of blame to be shared for the upcoming total of 500,000 U.S. COVID deaths.

We can't go back and change anything that happened. But now, all of us need to cooperate 100% with President Biden's all-out war on COVID. Is it too much to ask that every one of us wear a mask each time we leave the house for the next 100 days? Or will we be looking at 1,000,000 U.S. deaths by mid-summer?

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Any person who is this happy about the change in administrations needs a little perspective. I am disappointed with the outcome of the election, but far from depressed. In fact, I'm just as satisfied with my life as I was before. Listen up folks, we are all responsible as individuals for our personal well being and mental/physical health. No elected individual in Washington, or Albany or Trenton or Madison can make a miserable person's life better.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:31 am
Is that even possible with politicians? I kind of doubt it. That said, looking at many of the executive actions, plans, erc, polarization will not only continue, but get worse. I as an individual, can practice fairness and equality, but I do not think politiciabs are capable of that. Ler!s hope the Covid plans will at least work without near. Bankrupting the Country. That has to be number one right now. If we can’t beat Covid, we are finished.

Epoch Times? Nuff Said.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

Epoch Times = Real News !!! billryan , cnn , msnbc , toilet paper ny times = Fake news ! NUFF SAID !!!