Jan 20, 2021: Out With the Old in With the New

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
musicmeyer
Forum Rookie

Re: Jan 20, 2021: Out With the Old in With the New

Post by musicmeyer »

Definition of illusion
1a(1): a misleading image presented to the vision : OPTICAL ILLUSION
(2): something that deceives or misleads intellectually
b(1): perception of something objectively existing in such a way as to cause misinterpretation of its actual nature

Washington, DC
fences with locks on the outside; huge military presence
uninterested former presidents/leaders

Stay tuned ...............

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

It is actually a great newspaper better than any I have read

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:49 am
It is actually a great newspaper better than any I have read
That is so sad. In Germany,ET is known for being pro-nazi. IN France, it actively promotes fascism. In the US it is rabidly pro-trump and anti- vaccine. It's the only newspaper banned from Facebook and twitter for distributing outright lies, so what aspect of it do you like?

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I haven’t found any errors yet I’ve been reading it about two weeks

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

felix wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:46 am
The prediction is 500,000 U.S. deaths from COVID by mid-February. The U.S. is now the worst country in the world for COVID cases and deaths. One year ago there were only a small handful of cases in the U.S.

That COVID was allowed to continue to rapidly multiply into a horrible U.S. health crisis is Trump's worst failing, worse even than inciting the riot at the Capitol.

But let's be honest ---- we Americans are a spoiled and pampered bunch. If we had all worn masks and practiced SERIOUS social distancing back at the very beginning, as well as encouraged closing of businesses and public places rather than fighting for a too-early re-opening, COVID could have been nipped in the bud. So while Trump was terrible negligent, many of our citizens were negligent also. There is a lot of blame to be shared for the upcoming total of 500,000 U.S. COVID deaths.

We can't go back and change anything that happened. But now, all of us need to cooperate 100% with President Biden's all-out war on COVID. Is it too much to ask that every one of us wear a mask each time we leave the house for the next 100 days? Or will we be looking at 1,000,000 U.S. deaths by mid-summer?
Biden himself said today that 100,000 American will DIE of COVID-19 in the next 30 days. But wait! I thought that after he was elected, this would not happen? I WANT ANSWERS!

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

The only people saying the deaths would magically stop when Biden was elected were paranoid Trump supporters who thought the numbers were being inflated to hurt Trump.

Biden has consistently warned that our darkest days are still ahead of us when it comes to the Virus.

Trump is the one who said it would be gone last Easter.

Then in May he said it would "go away without a vaccine."

Then in June he said that it was "fading away."

Then in July he said the pandemic was "getting under control."

No need to go on, we all know where we are.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

And Trump declared war on COVID-19 back in March of 2020 while Biden declared war on COVID-19 today.

And Trump invoked the Defense Production Act in August, 2020 while Biden invoked the Defense Production Act today.

After Biden won the election why didn't he lay out his plan for battling COVID-19 until now? He could have revealed his plan several months ago so why did he wait until today to do so? If he was worried about Trump stealing some of, or a portion of, Biden's plan, Biden could have used that as political chattle.

So, during a news conference today it appeared that President Biden got a bit rattled after being asked a question by a reporter. So much so that Biden actually used the "Aw come one man" line, a mere 2 days into his Presidency.

And as for Biden's national mask mandate? I guess someone whispered into his ear today that he had limited power to invoke a national mask mandate.

As someone else pointed out here; people may be in for a bit of pain once taxes go up, the price of gasoline goes up and things get a bit tighter. By him cutting the Keystone pipeline how many construction workers were put out of work? I won't get into billryan losing the wall worker tenants at his RV campground who were working on the wall.

I am not saying if I am pro-Trump or pro-Biden because I take things as they come. But; I have been through a couple recessions and I think we are headed for another one. Like they say: "Seven fat years and Seven lean years."

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

over 4300 poor souls died of the chinese virus today, per nyt.

all on uncle joe's watch.

rockinrobin

Post by rockinrobin »

Biden released his plan on March 12 and, in fact gave a speech outlying it that day. He has said since the beginning that it would be his number 1 focus. He has given speeches since on it and had it outlined clearly on his campaign site. Was Biden president before yesterday where he could have " declared war" on Covid-19? What could he have done prior to yesterday? He campaigned by setting examples in social distancing and mask wearing. Trump gave up on fighting the virus in April. He held superspreader events many times over. He didn't mention the spread or the deaths at all in the last several months, only the vaccine that "he" created. Trump used the DPA in a piecemeal way. Biden is planning to use it for many purposes.

Biden was "rattled" as you say, because he was asked if 100 million does in 100 days was not shooting high enough. He responded with his "come on, man" line because they had previously been saying he was setting an unrealistic goal.

His mask mandate is for federal places and travel. He can do that.

He plans to raise taxes on corporations and those earning over $400,000. He has a slew of tax cuts for the average person.

According to most economists, we have been in a recession at least since June.

rockinrobin

Post by rockinrobin »

notes1 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:55 pm
over 4300 poor souls died of the chinese virus today, per nyt.

all on uncle joe's watch.
That is just an absurd comment. I have come to expect nothing more than that from you.