BIDEN

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
notes1
Video Poker Master

Re: BIDEN

Post by notes1 »

fortunately, we have the likes of FELIX and BR to tell us how republicans are feeling. tell us more how we should be grateful for a mentally challenged biden, who has accomplished zero in nearly 50 years on the public dole.

wonder what repubs think about;
-cancelling keystone pipeline and the loss of thousands of high paying jobs
-the move to mandatory $15 minimum wage. this is sure to help lots of small businesses (NO) and will cost those at the bottom end of the income scale, their jobs. more automation, less jobs.
-moving to a carbon free economy, while CHINA continues to pollute, as the world's number one offender.
and, where is the proven energy source going to come from...WIND..sure. learn to speak chinese!
-whether trump should be impeached...again. many reps may be disenchanted with him, but impeachment...NO.
-how about a real, unbiased investigation of hunter and the rest of joe's family..their ties to china to start.
-hearing that joe is predicting deaths to continue to above 600,000 from chinese virus. his declaration that the trajectory CANNOT be stopped. during the campaign he stated multiple times, he would STOP the virus.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

My views:

Keystone Pipeline: Very disappointing that it would be cancelled so abruptly, but not surprising. This became a real political football, so when the ball changes hands you can expect it to be addressed. My hope and expectation would be that the shutdown is temporary and Biden finds political cover to restart the project later in the year, probably with some sort of environmental concessions.

$15 min wage: Of all the things in the stimulus, this is the most shocking to me. It's a massive jump. Results have been mixed in cities with a high cost of living (where wages were already over $12). I imagine the impact will be huge, and not good, in the short term for much of the country. I understand the motivation behind it. Unfortunately that motivation comes largely from massive corporations that can handle the burden. Small to medium businesses will be hammered. Minimum wage should be handled at the local level.

"Moving to a carbon free economy, while CHINA continues to pollute, as the world's number one offender. ": We should do what is right, regardless of what CHINA does. China has a terrible record on many things and should nt be our standard. Reducing emissions is a good thing and we should continue to work towards it.

Impeachment: This is the Republican party's only chance to right the wrongs of supporting Trump's abuses, while making a definitive statement against the extremes to which our partisan dialog has gone. These words have real consequences. They will likely fail to do so and remain a disgraced party.

"Hearing that joe is predicting deaths to continue to above 600,000 from chinese virus...his declaration that the trajectory CANNOT be stopped": People really like their bulleted talking points and spin. It's really not that complicated if you take all of his words into consideration. We currently have a massive number of infections and not enough vaccines to inject everyone immediately. It will take time to get the vaccine out. Everything in Biden's words and actions supports a realistic assessment of the situation and a strategic plan to tackle the virus. That is what matters.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Notes, you could probably include intending to rejoin the Paris Climate Agreement on your list, as well.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

onemoretry wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:45 pm
Notes, you could probably include intending to rejoin the Paris Climate Agreement on your list, as well.
you are correct. i likely missed a couple of others.

dem hypocrites, all they talked about was unity. BS!

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

per request from BR, per NYT (01/28/2021);

new DEATHS from chinese virus...4100+, all on BIDEN"S watch

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

As forecast by Biden himself, that our darkest days were still ahead of us. Thank you for the ongoing reminders that we are dealing with a much more competent President now.

I expect the reminders to continue when Covid is defeated, which will also be on BIDEN's watch.

felix

Post by felix »

Wow, when you read Notes' complaints about Biden you have to wonder how in the world a doddering, feeble, basement-dwelling ultra left winger managed to beat Trump by more than 7,000,000 votes. Was Trump really that bad?

(Yes)

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

Eduardo wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:42 am
As forecast by Biden himself, that our darkest days were still ahead of us. Thank you for the ongoing reminders that we are dealing with a much more competent President now.

I expect the reminders to continue when Covid is defeated, which will also be on BIDEN's watch.
as you have a short memory,i will remind you that it was bill ryan, who started bringing up the number of deaths, while trump was in office.

he seemed to forget when biden got elected, so i was just assisting him. didn't read you complain back then. why?

also, a reminder. biden stated many times that he would defeat the chinese virus. of course, that was before the election. since the election, he has offered a couple of other statements, such as;
- the trajectory of the virus CANNOT be change
- projected deaths now number between 600-660,000.

so, he lied or forgot to mention these before he got elected, but it is ok to say it after he was elected.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

FDR said he would defeat Japan. Was he lying because it took him four years to do it?
Biden will defeat the virus. Just not tomorrow.
A sane person would not want to compare the lies trump has told about the virus to anyone else's, so it is little surprise that you harp on it.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

he's got the vaccine already in place, developed by trump administration, that is 95% effective. trump had nothing, including the source country lying/covering up and the dems/libs/trump haters all working against any success. a vaccine that was developed in record time.

i would expect even joe could get it distributed in 4 years.

a far as lies, gaffes, errors,joe has only been in office a couple days. let's see after 4 years.