BIDEN

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Re: BIDEN

Post by Eduardo »

notes1 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:34 am
didn't read you complain back then. why?
I didn't complain when billryan posted the numbers and I'm not complaining now. I thanked you for posting them.

The difference of course is that you seem to be wanting to hold Biden accountable for today's death toll. Obviously you are trolling when you do so, as no reasonable human being would do so with sincerity. Neither Biden or a single one of his supporters has never claimed the deaths would stop on day one. He is projecting a very realistic trajectory of the virus from where we are now (something Trump repeatedly failed at). Of course, we can all hope that the deaths fall dramatically below the current expectations if we can get the vulnerable vaccinated quickly enough.

Its called honesty. I think it will take a while before any of us can get used to such a thing after the past 4 years.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Trump repeatedly said the virus would not be in the news after election day. That win or lose, the press would not be reporting on it.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

Eduardo wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:39 pm
notes1 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:34 am
didn't read you complain back then. why?
The difference of course is that you seem to be wanting to hold Biden accountable for today's death toll. Obviously you are trolling when you do so, as no reasonable human being would do so with sincerity.
glad you are a mind reader. any other supernatural talents?

so, when bill ryan posted same numbers, he was not trolling? he was not holding trump responsible for every death? multiple posters here blamed trump for every case and death.

again, when BR did same, why did you not complain? what is the difference?

when the virus hit, it came without warning. trump didn't have the luxury of a sitting a year in his basement and then coming out with a solution(s). in early 2020, biden was opposed to cutting off air travel between china and usa, pelosi was encouraging tourists to visit chinatown, deblasio was telling everyone to ride the subway...i could go on.

leading dem governors have held their states to much more draconian mandates, seemingly with little to no case or death improvements. and, let's not forget, the trump administration got a 95% effective vaccine working, in less than a year.

were mistakes made by trump and others, bet your butt there were. when something happens that only occurs once in a lifetime, when the originating country lies then and now and then benefits financially, there are going to be mistakes made. experts have been guessing from the beginning and have been wrong many times.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

I never said billryan wasn't trolling. He trolls you incessantly. :lol:

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I was posting the numbers because trump and his henchlings kept telling us the virus was under control, going away, being over-hyped, etc, etc while the numbers showed the opposite. Trump was holding parties every night that were mostly maskless. Were Biden or anyone else doing so now, I'd do the same.
The fact of the matter is many of the deaths we are experiencing right now are a result of the holiday gatherings. New cases are down 20-30% in the last ten days and that will mean deaths will drop in two weeks or so. The difference is OUR government is now being honest, is forthcoming about it and leading by example.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Eduardo wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:10 pm
Say wat?

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Rational thought in response to nonsense can come across as trolling when done in equal quantities. It's not fair, really.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

That wasn't very nice, and I'm sorry. These discussions get the better of me sometimes.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

billryan wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:26 am
FDR said he would defeat Japan. Was he lying because it took him four years to do it?
Biden will defeat the virus. Just not tomorrow.
A sane person would not want to compare the lies trump has told about the virus to anyone else's, so it is little surprise that you harp on it.
Not to split hairs here but FDR was dead before the Japanese surrendered so he did not defeat Japan.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

Eduardo wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:10 pm
how about answering the questions, no double talk or deflecting.

why didn't you complain about BR posting death numbers, when he did it? what is the difference now?

why does it appear like i am blaming BIDEN for every chinese virus death and illness, but it did not appear that BR was doing the same, during trump reign?

this is a perfect example of why reps and conservatives are pissed off and will not just go away, all 70 million of us. BR..a liberal or a dem or just a trump hater, does something and you (maybe an independent) only seem offended when i (a rep/conservative) do the same thing.

how about the so called 'insurrection". it was wrong, but it was a couple of thousand and it happened just once. the dems/liberals have attacked (many dozens of times) and continue to attack public institutions and private property and all i hear is crickets from the likes of you and the media.