BIDEN

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
billryan
Video Poker Master

Re: BIDEN

Post by billryan »

If 1.67 million people a day vaccinated a day isn't great, what would you call the pace of the former administration, who barely did those most weeks?
I think just about everyone expected the Johnson and Johnson one shot to have been approved and in service by now. I'm starting to wonder why that is?

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

ted, you state/publish a wonderful piece, that states the truth. BR, as he has done sooo many times, cannot refute the facts. he can't win the debate, so, attack the opposition.

in one statement, he says the number getting vaccinated is great, but then the VP witch says they started with nothing. how can that be?

so, he will often, deflect, change the subject, anything than deal with actual lies and deceit, exhibited by the new administration, or anyone/anything on the team he supports.

not telling the truth, spreading falsehoods, outright lies, change the subject, divert, deflect has become an art form by dems/liberals and trump haters. anything is acceptable, except admitting the other side is correct. and, they get away with it, because the media allows them to get away with it.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

the WASHINTON POST just gave VP harris, TWO PINOCCHIOS, for her lie about the biden administration, needing to start from scratch, when it came to the vaccine.

THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION was responsible getting the vaccine approved in RECORD TIME.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

the washington post called biden's (lie) comment about NO vaccine, when he got into office a 'VERBAL STUMBLE'.

the media has to keep coming up with new word variations, to cover for DEM lies.

c'mon man, VERBAL STUMBLE.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

It takes a particular talent to waste so many words saying absolutely nothing.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

billryan wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:04 pm
As you just did br !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

You obviously didn't actually see the town hall, only the right wing outrage at the selective quote, or you would understand that a "verbal stumble" is a much more accurate description in the context that he said it. It was very clearly not a "lie." I have no idea why you are fixated on this, other than you were told to be.

He bumbled several other much more important things that would actually be worth complaining about.

The lengthy post that Ted pasted earlier also had some good analysis.

My concern from here regarding the vaccine is actually taking a bit of a turn. It feels like we are being "groomed" to expect annual vaccines for Covid based on mutations. This vaccine has been monumentally profitable. Vaccinating the entire world would seem like enough. But greed knows no bounds. How to make even more money? Repeat every year! Hopefully we have someone to keep a very close eye on how these claims progress who doesn't also have their hand in the pot.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

billryan wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:04 pm
same old reply, can't refute the truth, can't debate the topics...wash, rinse, repeat. yawn

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

i am simply using the same standards, as the media used with previous potus. anytime possible, any statement that was not absolutely accurate, was reported as a lie. never heard them use the term 'verbal stumble'.

same job, reporting should have same standards.

although you do your best, you can't hide your bias. just like the media.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

notes1 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:48 pm
although you do your best, you can't hide your bias. just like the media.
It's true, I do have a bias towards common sense and decency. Here's the difference between a Biden lie and a Trump lie:

Ask Biden today about this statement that he made and he will either clarify it or say that he mis-spoke.

Ask Trump about a similar mis-statement and he would double down, insisting he spoke correctly and it was true. He would make his press secretary go out in from of the world and claim it was true. Then he would go on repeating it in stump speeches and threaten to "primary" any Republican who says otherwise. Then he'd get his sharpie out and scribble on the transcript as evidence that he was right, and claim lots of experts also say he is right and everyone is talking about how he is right. And then, somehow... some people would actually believe it.

So yes... same start. But when Trump mis-spoke, he was very diligent in turning it into a genuine outright lie. If you repeat something you know is false, that's clearly a lie. There are countless examples of him doing just that. So it's flawed logic to say the circumstances should be treated the same.

And I have no idea how anyone could overlook this obvious and consequential character flaw in Trump.

You won't find me defending Biden on many policies. But if you want to compare his character to Trump I'll gladly shine a light on how dark it was the past 4 years having such a man in office.

Biden is so prone to errors that if you judge him on his own merits instead of how you believe Trump was mis-treated, we'll probably agree more often than not.