Why is everyone so excited?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Re: Why is everyone so excited?

Post by Tedlark »

billryan wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:46 pm
If I understand the situaion, the US Government is lending them doses of the Astra Zenaca vaccine that is not approved for US use. We bought it ahead of the approval and instead of having it sit in the warehouses, it is being lent out. It's not close to getting even emergency use approval so the doses are being used to save lives now.
So what if it "sits in warehouses." And, with the side effect issues of this vaccine, will it even be approved for use in the United States? Leading to another question, did we pay for it yet? Yet another: what happens if it doesn't receive approval from the FDA? Will Canada and Mexico just pay us for these 4 million doses? Yeah, right. Or will they give us 4 million does of a rival's vaccine?

Too many questions.

case
VP Veteran

Post by case »

USA and Canada want to get the border open so getting Canada caught up on vaccine will help that happen. Also as was stated because the Astra vaccine was not approved in the US there was no point in hoarding it as there will be lots of vaccine for everyone soon.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

case wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:26 pm
USA and Canada want to get the border open so getting Canada caught up on vaccine will help that happen. Also as was stated because the Astra vaccine was not approved in the US there was no point in hoarding it as there will be lots of vaccine for everyone soon.
If we already have 4 million doses sitting in a warehouse and this same vaccine has been approved for use by the WHO in Europe why are we still sitting on it?

On a vaccination side note: there is a hospital on the south side of Chicago that has not once, has not twice, but has three times, vaccinated people who are connected. The staff of Trump Tower got vaccinated by this hospital staff and the COO of the hospital resides in Trump Tower Chicago. The second time involved a bunch of Cook County Court judges and their spouses when none of them were not eligible and the last instance was when 200 members of a suburban cook county church were vaccinated and the CEO of this hospital is a member of that church.

And lots of vaccine for everyone, I'll believe it when it happens. As I said: American citizens are still dying, come on people.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

Ted, the biggest problem with covid vaccination is that roughly half of republican men refuse to get the vaccine. I was happy to see trump finally come out the other day and at least rather lukewarmly recommend to his followers to get the vaccine. The goal is herd immunity. We can't get there if a significant chunk of our population refuses to do their part. Deadly variants are still out there and time is of the essence.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

seemoreroyals wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:03 am
Ted, the biggest problem with xxxxxxxxxx is that roughly half of republican men refuse to xxxxxxxxxxx
Fill in the blanks and it explains most problems with our country, although I don't find it exclusive to the men.

Bobbi

Post by Bobbi »

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I imagine you laughed your ass off on this, too. How sad and pathetic.

Bobbi

Post by Bobbi »

billryan wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:03 pm
I imagine you laughed your ass off on this, too. How sad and pathetic.
Sure did- It's payback time for 4 years of hell you put Trump through. Get used to it... :lol:

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

Still not as pathetic as suggesting people inject bleach to rid themselves of covid. Have you gotten your covid vaccines yet Bobbi?

Bobbi

Post by Bobbi »

By the way....

The briefing transcript shows that Trump did not say people should inject themselves with bleach or alcohol to treat the coronavirus. He was asking officials on the White House coronavirus task force whether they could be used in potential cures.