Why is everyone so excited?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Re: Why is everyone so excited?

Post by advantage playe »

Eduardo wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:03 pm
advantage playe wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:51 am
the election was STOLEN !!!!! I am not some of you !!
I always like to learn from others. Without simply linking to an article, can you explain your reasons for believing this? I assume this means you believe that there were irregularities in enough states to actually turn the election in Trump's favor. I'm curious what those are.

Because the appearance is that Trump lost rather substantially and, unable to cope with being called a "loser" and a "choker" like he does to anyone else who loses, he had to start making stuff up to have someone else to blame.
None is so blind as he who WILL NOT SEE !!!

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

advantage playe wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:37 pm
None is so blind as he who WILL NOT SEE !!!
These sorts of comments almost always seem to apply more to the person saying them than the person they are addressing.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

INCORECT !! as per usual !!!

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I still Think there were lots of irregularities and many votes stolen in this election. Whether it was enough to overturn things we probably will never know. All I am saying is if Trump had done a couple of small things a little differently he would have won by a landslide and overcome the illegal ballots anyway. After seeing what the Dems are up to already if he runs again, and I think he has learned a bit here and there I would vote for him again hands-down.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

The stimulus bill apparently will reduce the number of children in America living in poverty by half.
We can't be having that now, can we?

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

olds442jetaway wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:38 pm
I still Think there were lots of irregularities and many votes stolen in this election. Whether it was enough to overturn things we probably will never know. All I am saying is if Trump had done a couple of small things a little differently he would have won by a landslide and overcome the illegal ballots anyway. After seeing what the Dems are up to already if he runs again, and I think he has learned a bit here and there I would vote for him again hands-down.
Ah ! sense and some clear thinking , how refreshing !!

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:38 pm
Another example of someone who should know better believing the big lie.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

I guess I am the only person on here that actually likes Biden. I will take old, boring, honest, and humble over old, self centered, dishonest, and purposely deceptive any day. The failed, ex president, twice impeached, leader of the insurrection on Jan 6th will continue to lead the republican party in the wrong direction until enough people that espouse conservative values purge themselves of trump's dishonesty and lies and come up with some fresh ideas.

Until then it appears the republicans are going all in with adherence to trumpian worship, qanon principles, and a heavy dose of voter suppression. I am one of the majority that voted for Biden. A historic over 7,000,000 vote smack down of trumpism. Thankfully odds are favorable he will not run again because he will be spending most of his time and resources fending off lawsuits and propping up failing business ventures. Best case scenario, trump and many of his followers like cruz, hawley, ron johnson, and mo brooks go to jail for their dereliction of duty in purposefully misleading the American people in regards to voting fraud. This one issue was what brought about the maga riot death march on Jan 6th.

In the mean time the republicans are going to continue to focus their efforts on obstruction, cancel culture, Dr. Seuss, Mr. Potato head, and Pepe Le Pew to keep their shrinking base energized. Trumpers, qanoners, white supremacists, and racists across our country are sure to fall in line. And Biden continues to work and largely ignore his detractors while he tackles some of the biggest obstacles any president has ever had to overcome. That is why I admire and respect him. As boring as he is and as much as he stutters, he is exactly what our country needs at this moment in our history.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

billryan wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:25 pm
The stimulus bill apparently will reduce the number of children in America living in poverty by half.
We can't be having that now, can we?
If you hand someone a one time check that brings their total annual income over the poverty line, are they really no longer "living in poverty?" Does Biden really deserve such a credit?

It's wonderful that the distribution of this stimulus money is better proportioned than the last round, and wonderful that it will put food on the table. But pretending that this has done anything for true poverty in this country is a joke, unless the plan is to cut another trillion dollars year after year.

This is the problem with "stimulus." It is very fleeting.

I realize there is more to the bill than the checks. But I am quite certain that with 1.9 trillion (an unimaginable amount of money) far greater things could have been done in the name of reducing poverty. Let's also not forget this wasn't a "poverty relief bill" as some are now trying to frame it. The correlation on most of this bill with coronavirus is suspect. It's mostly a spending bill, not a coronavirus relief bill.

We can and should do much better. But I'm glad for the kids and others who will benefit. Let us hope the benefits are more meaningful and lasting than my cynical impression of it.

Bobbi

Post by Bobbi »

seemoreroyals wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:20 am
I guess I am the only person on here that actually likes Biden. I will take old, boring, honest, and humble
Boring, yes. Honest and humble? You have me laughing out loud. What about the trips to China with his son, son in law and brother? That 20 minute speech this week. I am hearing that was a green screen behind him. It did look fuzzy and odd. Then when they threw in the walk to the end of the corridor, did you notice he needed direction to turn left? Your "honest and humble" President is a shell of a man that doesn't know where he is. I think what you are trying to say is that you are pleased that Pelosi and Schumer are getting their wish lists fulfilled. Do you really believe that $1400.00 will lift people out of poverty? Let's revisit this post in 6 months. Then you can tell me if you are still happy.