Vaccines

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: Vaccines

Post by olds442jetaway »

I’ll take the inconvenience any day if it means staying alive a bit longer

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:23 pm
Ah, yup.....

davidearl

Post by davidearl »

I went on a waiting list at my pharmacy, here in the township. About a month later, the hospital our family doctor is with, called, and asked if we would like to get a vaccine with them. I had always thought the city was getting more vaccines, so I said "sure". About a week later they called with appointments for us. Got the 1st March 11th, 2nd on April 1st, no fooling! :lol: Pharmacy still says they are waiting....

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:23 pm
I drove 4.5 hours one way to get mine probably ~a week earlier. It was on my way to visit my mom, but still. Now we might go to Vegas this summer thanks to vaccines.

Now no one has to look hard for vaccines here.
Carcounter wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:50 am
NYC had 31 sites open over the weekend for vaccines-no appointment required. They were basically empty. In some areas, does everyone who wants the vaccine already have gotten it?
Mainly yes, because some of America is fucking dumb and are dragging their feet, or outright not going to get it.
billryan wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:53 am
The longer it takes to get everyone vaccinated, the more chances the virus will have to mutate and if it mutates often enough there is a possibility a vaccine-resistant strain will emerge.
THIS. THIS. THIS. THIS. THIS. THIS.

So if anyone here hasn't got a vaccine yet, you should get it ASAP!!! This is like a group project in school. Don't be the one to **** it up for everyone!

M picked up a part-time position giving vaccines. Now it's closing a couple of days a week due to lack of demand. Illinois isn't even at 32% fully vaccinated yet... WTF AMERICA?!?!?!
wildman49 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:11 pm
How many here reading this today are leaning maybe skipping the shot?

I am still on the fence looking to wait till fall since there is a booster coming now in fall anyway. I never ever got a flu shot so this shot really don't get me excited much, even here in Michigan where they keep saying the virus is so bad I am not seeing it. I still don't by the hipe.
Look at India, for ****'s sake!!! That is what can happen to unvaccinated people. Isn't 500k+ deaths in America enough for you? If your birth year is 1949, you're obviously at increased risk of hospitalization/death from Covid-19. Just because you have got away with it so far doesn't mean it doesn't exist!

And just because you get the vaccine now, doesn't mean you can't take a booster later if needed!

Chicagoan

Post by Chicagoan »

Everyone I know in my age group (65+) has received both doses. Not so much for the under 30 crowd. Even in my extended family they think they are indestructible. My nephew, 26 years old, says no one he knows has received the vaccine. Terrible mentality.

Chicagoan

Post by Chicagoan »

Wildman, maybe you should go ahead and prepare a Goodbye thread.... just in case.....

rockinrobin

Post by rockinrobin »

Vman96,

👍👍👍

Thank you! Well said.

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

Chicagoan wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:49 am
Wildman, maybe you should go ahead and prepare a Goodbye thread.... just in case.....
If my time is up its up, am still on the fence as far as the vaccine. My buddy works at a grocery store, out of 350 employees only 100 got the shot and they offered all $100 to get it. What does anyone care if one has the shots or not. Just because one has the shots does not mean you can't get CHINA virus or pass it, so MYOB and stop worrying about what others are doing and keep your nose out of others lives.

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

Vman96 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 1:38 am

wildman49 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:11 pm
How many here reading this today are leaning maybe skipping the shot?

I am still on the fence looking to wait till fall since there is a booster coming now in fall anyway. I never ever got a flu shot so this shot really don't get me excited much, even here in Michigan where they keep saying the virus is so bad I am not seeing it. I still don't by the hipe.
Look at India, for ****'s sake!!! That is what can happen to unvaccinated people. Isn't 500k+ deaths in America enough for you? If your birth year is 1949, you're obviously at increased risk of hospitalization/death from Covid-19. Just because you have got away with it so far doesn't mean it doesn't exist!

And just because you get the vaccine now, doesn't mean you can't take a booster later if needed!
Your out of control VMAN never thought I would see that we all have a right to do as we see fit and first amendment right you know. Telling people what to do is so wrong in america today we all have rights and freedom of speech so you and I will have to agree to disagree.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

500,000 dead Americans isn't enough to convince you? What will it take?