Do you ever wonder about these SF draws?

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: Do you ever wonder about these SF draws?

Post by olds442jetaway »

I still have mine as well as our polaroid. In fact, i have my parent’s box camera. Now that’s going back in time. Congrats on the hits keep it going.

case
VP Veteran

Post by case »

Nice hit and on 10 coins to boot!

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

Vman96 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:54 am
Um, I'm 38 and know what it means. Lol

But where is the "Kodak"? :P

And as for the original question. No, I don't usually question it. 4 to a straight flush is so much easier than 3 to a royal and a lot more valuable too.
Thanks everyone!

Vman just wondering if anyone out there goes for the 3 card royal on the 4 card SF draw. For someone that don't play many hands a year might give it a go. I play way to many hands to stray from the right play.

My wife was dealt a SF in jacks king high she text me what to do. I did not get the text on time, she was playing ten dimes a hand, went for the Ace and got it for $800 royal! Very lucky.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

wildman49 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:54 am
My wife was dealt a SF in jacks king high she text me what to do. I did not get the text on time, she was playing ten dimes a hand, went for the Ace and got it for $800 royal! Very lucky.
Well, as the saying goes: sometimes it's better to be lucky....

On a recent trip to Laughlin I was dealt a king high straight flush, and dumped the nine to go for the royal. Since I was playing deuces wild bonus, it was the superior play, and I was rewarded with a couple of royals (it was 50 play nickels).

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Interesting discourse. Yeah, on a 50 play, it's virtually incumbent to go for the gusto. Some hand has to break through clutter!

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

FAA wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:09 pm
Yeah, on a 50 play, it's virtually incumbent to go for the gusto. Some hand has to break through clutter!
The number of hands in play should not, and in my case, does not, change how you play it. Going for the royal in a deuces wild game where the straight flush pays 65 credits is the "right" play. Doing it where the straight flush pays 250 (or more) credits makes little sense.