Video Poker is an enigma I'll never fully understand...

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: Video Poker is an enigma I'll never fully understand...

Post by olds442jetaway »

Agree. Even with the excellent protocols they have in place, it is probably too risky. They have an UV filtration system, but that won’t protect you from covidiots playing near you. Last night I played late in an area where there were no other players. But still, overall the risk is probably too high. Not staying over anymore. Last night may have been my last trip. Wore a double surgical mask and used more alcohol soaked wipes than I would use to clean up a dirty lawnmower. Probably still not safe enough with it being airborne as well and now the ultra contagious UK one is here in the states and the South Africa one and other mutations to follow.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

I concur . Tough to turn down 10 to 15x slot dollars at borgata with 3play 9 6 job IF u can get a seat . BUT more than cash is at stake , as u know .

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Twenty some years ago, either Foxwoods, Mohegan or both had 100x free odds behind a 5 buck passline bet. Those were the days. Most times the host would write you a 100- dinner comp every trip. I never smoked, but if I did, he would have comped me a carton of butts and or a couple of the best cigars. Free rooms of course. I never needed it, but even an offer of free limo transportation, or if you had a bit too much to drink, you could leave your car there and get a free limo ride home. Back then, I played more craps than vp. Around here, the great promotions are gone. Just as well with Covid knocking on our doors.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Olds, I had that horrible dud streak after Christmas over my last three hours at Harrah’s with a loss way over $500. No more benders there! I was dazzled by carousel neighbor hitting a RF. Maybe two more trips before I fully recoup!

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I hear you. yes, guess we will never fully understand vp. During my last horrible one, I saw slot attendands passing right by me on their way to payout jackpots on vp and even keno as I plunked away with my remaining bread crumbs all to no avail.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Yes, you just described 90% of my trips! Misery loves company. I was taking so many max bet gambles and absolutely putting gas on the fire.

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

Why is it you say you don't understand video poker?

Seems to me like you do.

You have occasional big wins and not-so-occasional losses. You can't predict what will happen in the next few hours, but certainly over the next few years you have a very good idea how it will turn out.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

FAA wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:40 am
Yes, you just described 90% of my trips! Misery loves company. I was taking so many max bet gambles and absolutely putting gas on the fire.
Volatility is a two edged sword. Some times those max bet gambles pay off sometimes they don't. It's the times that they do that keep us coming back for more.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

JOB and BP volatility is relatively minor. I just got slammed and should have left hours before. I now write my hard out time on my wrist.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

FAA wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:55 am
JOB and BP volatility is relatively minor. I just got slammed and should have left hours before. I now write my hard out time on my wrist.
I like to play JOB and BP when I can find decent paytables. Unfortunately in my area the best I can find is 8/6 JOB. I still play it mostly and mix in some DB, 9-6-4 which I know is not that great either. We do have a 8/5 BP machine in the HLR I like ti play when I can get on in it. $1 machine. Pays $800 if you play only one credit. I usually play one coin five games at a time. If I hit a royal on the bottom it pays $4000 on a $5 bet. I am still waiting to hit my first royal on it but I have walked away on many occasions with a profitable session.