Duces

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Re: Duces

Post by Tedlark »

"We punish a man for his ignorance if he is thought to be responsible for his ignorance." - Aristotle

"To know, is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge." - Socrates

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates

Three of my personal favorites.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

If only my mind was as easy to satisfy as my penis.
Plato

JoB Hero
Forum Regular

Post by JoB Hero »

onemoretry wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:32 am
JoB Hero wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:44 am
The RF was over 2,100 on quarters with the progressive going up about a nickel every second because so many people were playing.
The original question was: if the wild royal pays 100, is holding three deuces plus two suited face cards the correct play?

What does the natural progressive royal have to do with it?
Because you asked why would I play a machine with a pay table like that...?

“I would ask why you would play a deuces wild game with such a poor wild royal payout, but I might be accused of having an "agenda” “

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

JoB Hero wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:17 pm
Because you asked why would I play a machine with a pay table like that...?
Sorry, I didn't read your later post properly. However , I did subsequently backtrack on my why play that paytable comment.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

onemoretry wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:32 am
JoB Hero wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:44 am
The RF was over 2,100 on quarters with the progressive going up about a nickel every second because so many people were playing.
The original question was: if the wild royal pays 100, is holding three deuces plus two suited face cards the correct play?

What does the natural progressive royal have to do with it?
It doesn't, but he's justifying why he was playing that game, which was probably close to 100% at that point if it was a 12/10 paytable.

And you would break a wild royal for 4 to a natural royal at that point. But in a non-progressive game you would just hold the wild royal.

DAAnMAAn
VP Veteran

Post by DAAnMAAn »

I've been playing alot of NSUD the last two months, and I decided to start holding the 3 ducks and draw with a flopped 5oak.
It's An error, but I've been hitting enough quad deuces from the hold since doing this that I think it's worth the gamble for 1000 coins...or even 125 coins for the dirty royal, than the pat 80 coins for 5oak. The only hand I hold pat with 3 ducks now is royal with deuce. I believe the Correct play with ugly deuce, full pay deuces, and nsud is to hold pat with 3 ducks the royal with deuce...and for nsud, hold pat 5 oak. But if you are one that likes to put on the helmet and safety belt and put the petal to the deuces metal, on double deuces, loose deuce, triple deuces, hold 3 ducks always.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

As Lancey Howard once said in "The Cincinnati Kid": Get's down to what it's all about, doesn't it? Making the wrong move at the right time.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

My copy of the Subway Alumni Handbook is inscribed- It's never the right time to do the wrong thing, nor the wrong time to do the right thing.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

DAAnMAAn wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:05 am
I've been playing alot of NSUD the last two months, and I decided to start holding the 3 ducks and draw with a flopped 5oak.
It's An error, but I've been hitting enough quad deuces from the hold since doing this that I think it's worth the gamble for 1000 coins...or even 125 coins for the dirty royal, than the pat 80 coins for 5oak. The only hand I hold pat with 3 ducks now is royal with deuce. I believe the Correct play with ugly deuce, full pay deuces, and nsud is to hold pat with 3 ducks the royal with deuce...and for nsud, hold pat 5 oak. But if you are one that likes to put on the helmet and safety belt and put the petal to the deuces metal, on double deuces, loose deuce, triple deuces, hold 3 ducks always.
You're supposed to hold the quint on airport deuces too.