The Challenge

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: The Challenge

Post by olds442jetaway »

Wow! Looks cool, but syncing them must be a pain. I still have the kit to sync the SU carbs on my 62 MG Midget I used to race in Gymkhana races. What a riot watching the guys with their 427 Vettes trying to beat my little Midget’s time. However, I couldn’t touch the guy that had a Porsche 356. Webman must be tired of the car stuff. I’m all ears on any new game ideas for the forum. Sorry Webman, just finishing a car thought. Speaking of gears, my neighbor when I was 7 bought a new 55 chevy 2 dr post with the 265 v8. He put 456 gears in it and left the engine bone stock. Somehow, he blew away during the next few years at the drags 57 283s with power packs. He never tore down or blew the engine at high revs. Nobody knows how or why. It was the bare bones sedan 150 model I think.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

I'm all for a Forum Member only contest. Make it Deuces Wild and we'll see how all the big talkers do. Drag in the experts too. The more the merrier. I doubt this will ever happen because anyone could win that contest. Unless of course we play 10 to the xxxxxxxxxx hands. :lol:

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Ditto........Go Webman

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

That would be a technical nightmare to sort out. :)

How bout someone here starts a group challenge and posts the challenge ID here in the forum and everyone who wants to join in can?

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

Webman wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:39 am

How bout someone here starts a group challenge and posts the challenge ID here in the forum and everyone who wants to join in can?
That might work if we can get enough Forum Members to participate. Anyone else interested?

Waiting4RF
VP Veteran

Post by Waiting4RF »

Starting a new post with the proper topic (subject) will help.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

FloridaPhil wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:49 am
Webman wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:39 am

That might work if we can get enough Forum Members to participate. Anyone else interested?
Would non-gold members be able to participate? Also, if it were limited to DW, those of us who do not play DW would be at a disadvantage.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Good question about non gold. I’m open to different games

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

We would have to check with webman, but I believe you must be Gold to play a challenge? Choosing a game that everyone likes is going to be a challenge in itself. Maybe we should make the game choice up to the player like we do on the everyday games? I play TDB over there.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Ah, forgot people would have to be Gold. Scratch that idea. How bout everyone plays in the free contests and see if the forum people can beat the non-forum people? :)