what will happen after...

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
tech58
Video Poker Master

Re: what will happen after...

Post by tech58 »

Thanks guys i have tried ignoring birthdays but no help there.
Be safe. "AMERICA STRONG" !!

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

We are so used to being on the go. I don’t want to even think about the increase in donestic cases besides the virus. Brave people our health care and law enforcement professionals.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

OLD's do you and any other of our "seasoned members" wish that we were not in the high risk group, with
targets on our backs, so to speak. Not for any safety concerns, but for a wish to be able to go out and
HELP?
I too was young and indestructible once and if that time were today, i would not be frolicking on a
Florida beach sniffing for a hook-up!
I am sure many young people ARE helping, lets highlight them instead of the bikini crowd!!

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Happy birthday Omt and Tech. All stay healthy and safe. I just got back from my second brisk walk around the neighborhood today. Did approximately 3 miles total. No seashore but bright sunshine and 70s temperature.

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

tech58/notes1,
So I will clarify my question. You're for capitalism but against globalism. So what regulations, laws, etc. do you put into place to insure US companies don't take advantage of the US and become globalist? Do we limit their expansion? Tax them extra for overseas production? Refuse them the ability to transfer technology and skills to foreign countries? We have in place legislation to prevent foreign control of much of our military production. There seems to be no central-consistent long-term national planning for industry, infrastructure, etc. So what actions do we take to resolve these issues?

Countries like China and Russia have those powers(to control business expansion) and especially in China's case the absolute power to integrate national goals and business goals together....ie. cornering the market on "rare elements" world-wide.

So once again what steps would you recommend we as a country take?

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

Ll, this was a conversation about protecting americas essential needs. i have little doubt if we were reliant on something produced in canada, mexico, england, we would get it. china, dream on!

first thing to do, is admit the problem exists. what if all our farmers paved over their fields, because they could make more money as parking lots? as a result, we were reliant on foreign countries for 90% of our food. i can assure you, that if corporate america felt this was more profitable, some of them would be trying to do this. the mistake is to believe that all of corporate america is looking out for america first, nope, they are looking out for their company.

as i originally stated and you repeated, we already have laws, that protect our defense needs. surely, with all those brainiacs we over pay in washington, they can come up with a list of essential needs, that we need to protect their ability to manufacture at home. a little more expensive, do what other countries do, charge tariffs on those same imported products.

if companies want to do business business in china, give away their independence, allow their non essential intellectual property to be stolen, allow china to dictate what goes in their movies, etc, there is not much we can do. but, if any of those companies run into a time of crisis (like now), we should make them pay dearly for coming to american taxpayers for financial help. i have no concerns that these same companies will move their headquarters to china. they want our rule of law and do not want to exist under a communist regime.

many, if not most countries, have laws that protect what they consider important industries.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Tech.....yep in my youth, I was in the Key Club, did lots of civic stuff. Washed the Red Cross Station wagons every Saturday morning, volunteered in nursing homes and animal shelters and so forth. Not a nerd by any means, but never went to Florida during spring break. What we did do in 1969, was 4 of us best friends at UCONN drove down 900 miles to help out wilh the family farm down in Appalachia. It is in the hills of Southwest Virginia just a couple of miles from Kentucky and Tennessee. My Great Grandparents needed help and we all pitched in. I will admit though, just before we had to leave for Ct, we met at the local ice cream spot some of the most beautiful southern belles I have ever seen. Of course they all called us the Yankee boys. We had a rebel front plate on my buddies car and nobody bothered us. We also had brought down shoes and clothes for the local church. It is still a different world down there. The town had one old school bus that travelled through the hills during the school year picking up kids. When it broke down, there was no school. True story. The best I can do now other than making sure the assisted living facility is caring properly for my dad is to mow a couple of the neighbors lawns that aren’t as spry as I am and clean up the snow a bit for them in the winter. It is very tough not being able to visit my dad. We have an Echo dot setup and the nurse calls me every few days on facetime. Its just not the same as being there every day in person. By the way, the local hospital down near the farm closed down ten years ago due to finances. The closest hospital except for clinics is an hour and a half away. I just learned today they have their first two cases of Corona down there. I have no idea what will happen when it hits them hard.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

WTG OTB. Let’s hope there aren’t any stray floaters in that great outdoor air we are taking in. Here is the science behind this thing. Like a 1950’s horror movie. I don’t know how to do a link so here is a screen shot.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

755E9980-168A-4188-97AC-4B34F2B6227D.png

pokerforme

Post by pokerforme »