The Path II

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
dinghy
Video Poker Master

Re: The Path II

Post by dinghy »

FAA wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:55 pm
I guess one in ten is somewhere in the neighborhood.
I'm only guessing because I don't know the answer. In Jacks or Better games it doesn't feel very often. Deuces Wild games usually have more throwaways I believe, although those throwaways often include royal cards.
Note the early Valentines Day nature of the gift.
Valentines hearts indeed. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Super day FAA. Birds of a feather I guess. Do you remember my 750 bet 3 bucks redraw Royal on 9/30. I still have the pic, but didn’t want to overshadow yours. Mine was on a Deuces game however and in spades.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

FAA wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:55 pm
I was so flabbergasted that I looked up the 383,484 number myself. Glad someone else appreciates the insanity involved. Hand was pure junk. I guess one in ten is somewhere in the neighborhood. Note the early Valentines Day nature of the gift. Frustrated FAA. They gave quad and RF in bulk form all three times today.
The insanity of playing less than max coin in cost you. It is obvious what you gave up not playing max coin in at the dollar level, $3,250.00 but you also left $250.00 on the table if you were only playing max coin in at the .25 denomination. FAA, I've tried to tell you before but play max coin in at a level you are comfortable with an adequate bankroll.

Go get a chalk board and write 100 times:

I WILL PLAY MAX COIN DURING ALL PLAY AT A LEVEL I AM COMFORTABLE WITH.

Waiting4RF
VP Veteran

Post by Waiting4RF »

Even Florida Phil would not bet 3 coins. His Cheap Strategy system read "Only play one coin or max coins (5). Never play 2-3-4 coins, it's a bad bet."

TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Post by TripleTriple »

Inevitable. You did manage to avoid the tax hit from the elusive hand-pay you've been chasing.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

Waiting4RF wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:31 am
Even Florida Phil would not bet 3 coins. His Cheap Strategy system read "Only play one coin or max coins (5). Never play 2-3-4 coins, it's a bad bet."
Since you mentioned it, this is the reference card I use to remember the guidelines:

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

Fixed my post:

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

All great points. Nice chart. Middle bets truly must be eliminated. I was comfortable enough with the risk/reward equation. RF was a long forgotten dream. Ideally I would have been off the machine, but the couple foiled my plan. I was net break even and determined to have a winning trip. Good news is that this buys 187 side trips to my favorite AC VP venue. And I will strive to be much more aggressive.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

FAA wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:30 am
And I will strive to be much more aggressive.
Personally I would strive to be opportunistic.

The max-bet zealots may include other stipulations such as only playing when you have an edge.

If you catch a good promo that pushes you over 100%, that's the time to steadily max-bet and maybe put in heavier than usual volume.

But if there's nothing going on and you feel like playing anyway, betting one may be a sensible money saver and variance reducer.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Plenty going on yesterday at Borgata: 15X slot dollars. But I like the Harrah’s carousel vibe and craved revenge for a disastrous December trip. So I at least got that out of my system. Bet one all or most of the day would not even be worth the trip expense.