Off to Nevada

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Re: Off to Nevada

Post by onemoretry »

Our trip to Harrahs Tahoe was, in a word, gruelling. Even as scheduled, it was going to be tough, but throw in a close to two hour delay for the Las Vegas to Reno leg, and it was a lot tougher. When we finally checked in at Harrahs, it was about 2 am local time, which, of course, is 5 am EDT. We had been up for about 22 hours and were exhausted.

We didn't play much Monday, at all. What little we did was on a pretty crappy 8/5 JOB dollar progressive. I broke even, while my wife was up or down a hundred dollars, or so.

Today, even though we didn't really plan to play a whole lot, we kinda got into it. We played in the high limit room, where the only real good payables at Harrahs Tahoe can be found. I played 9/6 JOB, and my wife, her favourite super aces game. Since the minimum bet was $25, we each played 50c 10 lines. I finished up for the day around $700, while she was down $400. We put on about 6500 tier points.

If we can do as well as that for the balance of the trip, we'll be happy. Time (and the video poker gods), will tell.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

OMT, hope the two of you combined stay in the money for the rest of your trip.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

👍

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

good luck omt and be safe

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Unfortunately, the good VP results did not continue on into Wednesday. I dropped $600 on the 10 line 50c JOB, while my wife lost about twice that on super aces due to a severe lack of quads. I did recover a tiny bit, winning $100 on, of all things, 25c single line 8/5 JOB.

We're done now at Harrahs Tahoe. Next stop is the Silver Legacy in Reno, for a five night stay.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

👍. Enjoy while we all still can!!

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:48 pm
👍. Enjoy while we all still can!!
Ditto

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

onemoretry wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:48 am
We're done now at Harrahs Tahoe. Next stop is the Silver Legacy in Reno, for a five night stay.
This is my first signature event in Reno. Big turnout imo. The dinner had higher attendance than a typical Diamond and up monthly.

Tbh, I thought Ken could have put on a suit :!: .

(Ken's the GM. Just kidding, Ken. I was wearing shorts, so glass house :oops: .)

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

We had tickets to the dinner, but skipped it, as one of the hosts had given a friend of ours a dinner comp for all three of us. So, we ate at the Roxy steakhouse, instead.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Thursday was a zero play day for us. By the time we got to the Silver Legacy, checked in, unpacked, had lunch, and registered for the Signature Event, we were a bit weary, so just vegged for the balance of the afternoon. After our nice dinner, we relaxed for the rest of the evening.

This morning, we hit the 50/100 play machines at the Silver Legacy.. We each played 5c 50 line - 9/6 JOB for me, and super aces for my wife. I lost $400 despite hitting two royals, while my wife went berserk on the super aces, with a royal, a dealt quad, and about 28 sets of quad aces, for a very tidy plus $1800 session.