The Path

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
FAA
Video Poker Master

Re: The Path

Post by FAA »

Sad Saturday. I won $60 on $20 Resorts FP. I hit three quads in thirty minutes at Harrah’s, but after an hour of losing and an ATM trip. BP $80, JOB $250 and $125. I hit two $37 quads at Bally’s in two hours, losing $220. Net Day: -$450.

Waiting4RF
VP Veteran

Post by Waiting4RF »

Ouch! When you change your bet size, you are gambling and guessing you will hit a quad when betting bigger. That never works for me.

The last time I played triple play, these were the number of deals between the 6 quads I got: 137 30 73 26 324 29. Then 90 deals and no quad to finish the day. That 324 deals number was 972 individual hands between quads. The quads averaged out (I got 1 extra quad) but you don't know when you will get them.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

The only way I can find things like this to work for me is not to increase my bet if one of the best hands has not come in to a point where when you get one it will mot pay for session losses up to that point. My problem is sticking with it and not increasing my bet too early. When I can get on the machine that pays 800 for 1 for the Royal for bet one, it works better for me. If On regular deuces wild, I bet one until I lose 200 bucks, I start betting two until I have lost more than 200 bucks but less than 400 bucks. Sticking with it is hard.
If the deuces still havenot come in when I have lost more than 400 bucks but less than 600, I bet 3. If you run out of time in the session and have not hit quad deuces yet, on your next trip you have to start out where you left off in the prior session. Anyway, if I did not jump the gun so often, I would be ahead now.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Great points. The quads averaged out, but I was so far gone. I must do an hour of lie rolling. It’s lucky I didn’t bust twice. Seeing the Joker carousel produce two hand pays and even a $1,500 screen on mine made it even more depressing. I got in way over my head too early.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

That’s a good way to describe it. How many times late in a session when BR is low do I hit something that will not cover the session losses due a small bet because just pennies are left. If I could force myself to ropadope until late in the 8th or 9th rounds, over time I would fare much better. Some will say that is flawed logic because every dealt hand has the same chances of a quad or another good hand as any hand before or after. I look at it differently. I know myself. If I hit a good hand early on in my play, I don’t quit. If anything, my bets get larger and the moneyclip in my pocket gets looser and looser. I would rather hit late and pay for all of the tiny losing bets over the last several hours.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

If I quad early, recently I just move and keep playing either there or elsewhere. You really do have to rope a dope them for an hour and gamble on the side of safety. Better safe than sorry. The area was scorching hot with big winners too.

pokerpokerpoker
VP Veteran

Post by pokerpokerpoker »

Don't gamble in the rear-view mirror.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Sedate Saturday. No FP. I played for just over an hour at Bally’s. I started with BP to avoid ten coin max JOB. But a losing effort. My first quad was $25. I was dissatisfied, but stayed with the machine. Twelve minutes later, a $62 quad. I left -$28 and was so unnerved that I blew off Harrah’s. It was Groundhog Day. Lose big early; late quads insufficient bailout. Lots of walking and shopping. Lunch at Boloney’s, aptly enough. Chicken sub also insufficient. Net Day: -$60.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Superb Saturday. I won $20 on $20 Resorts FP, which I parlayed into $92 after a $100 BP quad after thirty minutes. Lunch at WHSHR. I walked to Bally’s for a VP mini session. BP again slammed me. I switched to JOB and ten coin terror. After fifty minutes and dealt four SF, I hit a $250 Straight Flush. Guy suddenly sat two seats away. Flustered, I went back to max. He remarked, “It wasn’t too hard.” Everything went my way. Too tired to shop. I saw OSU hold off IU at WWW. Then Kelsey’s HH. Net Day: +$286. 25 TCs. It feels like the RF is imminent. But so is winter. Nice to refresh my account.
Attachments
D62ED5B3-887A-4996-9CBB-2DC71F3B6497.jpeg

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

WTG FAA