The Path

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: The Path

Post by olds442jetaway »

Glad you bailed out FAA. Reminds me of my wild play that unfortunately busts me more than I would like.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I must play this machine at the fifty cent level for a half hour before going big. This was devil may care play. Still reeling from this potential fiasco.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Don't ever play with scared money, even on Halloween...

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Scared money players always think that they can sucker punch the machine for a premium hand. I would have busted way before $250 salvation with exclusive $10 hand play. So dropping a denomination is the play.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Super Saturday. I won $6 on $20 Tropicana JOB FP. Deal/draw button broken. I pressed attendant call, but bartender saw I was inactive and used her walkie talkie also. He advised tapping the on screen button, which I overlooked. CET shuttle full after thirty minute wait. I jitneyed to Harrah’s. Playing JOB, I again soon hit max quad fours. Emboldened, I moved and began two dollar play. Thirty minutes later, a $250 quad threes. Ocean was out of both chicken and pork! No cheap tacos; Wahlburgers lunch. Net Day: +$399. No fear on this special Path Halloween edition. Many tricks, but the treat was worth the trouble.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Wtg!!

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

FAA wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:15 pm
Super Saturday. I won $6 on $20 Tropicana JOB FP. Deal/draw button broken. I pressed attendant call, but bartender saw I was inactive and used her walkie talkie also. He advised tapping the on screen button, which I overlooked. CET shuttle full after thirty minute wait. I jitneyed to Harrah’s. Playing JOB, I again soon hit max quad fours. Emboldened, I moved and began two dollar play. Thirty minutes later, a $250 quad threes. Ocean was out of both chicken and pork! No cheap tacos; Wahlburgers lunch. Net Day: +$399. No fear on this special Path Halloween edition. Many tricks, but the treat was worth the trouble.
WTG FAA.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Thank you both. I thought that both machines were exploitable. But I was under bankrolled to pursue the first at two dollar level. I happened to be max on the first quad, which enabled robust pursuit on the next machine. Maybe I will bring an extra hundred next time.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

FAA wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:30 am
Thank you both. I thought that both machines were exploitable. But I was under bankrolled to pursue the first at two dollar level. I happened to be max on the first quad, which enabled robust pursuit on the next machine. Maybe I will bring an extra hundred next time.
FAA, congrats on your victorious day. When you talk of increased bankroll, that is advice which I have mentioned to you several times over the years.

Best of luck to you.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

It then becomes crazy money. I like trip frequency and could never countenance that level of bust. But as you say, I’d probably be better off balling out anyway. It would be churlish to complain about my banner day. Just an observation that it could have been even better with more bankroll.