The Path

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
FAA
Video Poker Master

Re: The Path

Post by FAA »

Wipeout Weekend. Beaten down both yesterday and today. Yesterday I won $31 on $25 FP and $25 craps on a ten point hit, minus a buck insurance bet. DW was nice. But I lost the $55 and $25 more in an hour of Harrah's JOB. Record loss rate for me.
Today again at Bally's. Won $13 on $25 FP and lost craps bet on four to seven craps. Quickly lost it. Then also quickly lost $20 in dollar JOB at Caesars. I saw a Seven Stars woman hit two quads in 25 minutes at quarter JOB. Her machine was scorching hot. Made a note to try it next week. $1,055 Progressive. Out of pocket weekend loss of $85. It would have been $400 at last month's session rate. SS often slapped the screen between hands. Seven Stars Screen Slapper. Hey, it was working. She smoked too! But an elegant vape smoker. At least this is tolerable.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I had the usual day, as give back sad sack. I won $33 at Bally's on JOB and a drop of DW; $19 quad. I lost my craps bet, nine to seven out, with a buck insurance again. Damn thing never covers me. Determined to hit a $25 JOB quad. It came quickly at Caesars dollar JOB; up $24 net there. Progressive on quarter JOB was $1,086. Nice, but that's when players lose hand over fist. Lunch at Tropicana. I had to get my checked bag, so more gambling. I lost $60 on JOB and DW at Bally's in forty five minutes of pure pain. $18 net loss. Truly putrid. You stay, you pay. You return, you get burned. Pick your warning! I don't apply the definition of insanity, when it fits so well.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Back in the black right on cue for Daylight Savings. The full pay Bally's bank usually features quads on three of the four machines when I arrive. Today I saw the author. He and his dishwater dull gf were on the two middle machines, my preferred ones! I reluctantly took an end machine. I decided to go bold on JOB FP with the fifty cent denomination. This led to frustration. Lousy $11.50 yield, which I soon lost. I was guessing wrong with some premium hands and sensed a huge quad hit. My $20 bill whittled to $3. $2.50 bet yielded a trio of threes. The fourth arrived for a $62.50 win. I need a straight flush for this cash on quarter play. Craps time. Man hit his eight point to gift me $25 on my table FP. I again wasted a dollar on the craps insurance side bet. Shuttle to Harrah's for my $5 FP. I wasn't in the neighborhood, but it is a free ride. I dreamed of Marina Magic. I struck up a chat with a Diamond player. We both hated our Harrah's FP as committed boardwalk customers. He invited me to the Diamond Club, provided I pony up $10. Kind of petty, but I agreed. There was no cash exchanged with the cashier, so I felt played. But it was still a great value and the hostess is lovely. I chowed down on two cheesesteaks, two burgers, Italian wedding soup, brick oven pizza and boozed it up. Then the $5 FP got to $8, which I lost. I put in $10 more, which I cashed out later. It was all I had, having checked my Bally winnings bag. Now that's the smart play. I could have simply turned the cash into a white slip and carried it with me, an even smarter play. $48 net trip cost win. Nice to have a quad pay off handsomely. Next step is to experience that $250 quad deuce on DW, quadruple my haul.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

The last hour of my session this morning would have been A FAA dream. I had busted the budget Sunday night by not hitting anything good on DDS or Bonus Deuces wild spin poker. After breakfast this morning, I decided to take just one twenty and try it on my old favorite 9/6 job.
     I just bet straight 5 quarters at a time and this is what hit in just an hours time.......12 full houses and 8 quads. The twenty never was in danger of disappearing and I managed to rake in close to 300 bucks toward my busted budget. The machine was still hot after the hour play, but I had to go so I left.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

I just bet straight 5 quarters at a time and this is what hit in just an hours time.......12 full houses and 8 quads. The twenty never was in danger of disappearing and I managed to rake in close to 300 bucks toward my busted budget. That's the sort of stuff that keeps us coming back!

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Indeed, Olds! I had a hot dollar machine at Caesars two months ago. It provided $200, which I lost on the cold cycle and then some. Moderation in all things. The Greeks had it right. The Romans, exemplified by Caesars in my case, stabbed me in the back.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Chump change results again, per usual. Marines checking in all morning with their gfs. $16 from $25 Bally's FP. Bumped to $31 and cashed out. $20 yielded $37 with a $19 RF. Lost my $25 table FP on an eight to craps, and a buck early craps insurance with it. $47 Bally's win. Off to Harrah's on a packed shuttle for $10 FP. Macy's gift card gift for high rollers. I won $8, which I then lost. I felt flush, so fifty cent play. My $128 shrank to $50! Then the blessed quad for $62.50. I actually kneeled over my seat in relief! Lady asked if I won. I said, "Breaking even is winning, baby!" I won $5 on adjacent machine and staggered out, thrilled with my $11 Harrah's loss. Ten TCs, fwiw. $16 net win. Major anxiety en route. In the black, dodged a heart attack. Once again, picking up Harrah's FP was a fool's errand! Free play is never free. It requires military discipline. I should have stayed semper fi to Bally's.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Stopped at the touring wall yesterday at Mohegan Sun and saw my high school buddies, classmates, and best childhood friends names in the book. Their ultimate sacrifice for us makes our trivial yet constant vp losses seem so unimportant. They never even got a chance to play, but we did and continue to be able to because of them.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Solid Bally's day. High roller guy put in $200 and won $2,000. While awaiting paperwork, he won $500 next slot machine! I won $20 from $25 FP. Fave machine missing right side Deal/Draw! Left D/D defective. First inspector told me touchscreen still an option, so no refund. I only got it to $22.50 after $19 quad adjacent. Won $25 table FP; guy hit eight. Went to free shuttle benches. Deserted; must have missed it. I would have been better off cabbing it. Decided on Caesars. Shunned quarter Progs at $1,046. Straight to dollars. I lost $79 in a blink! Returned to quarter area. Asian man informed me that he just hit the RF! Lunch at Tropicana. Back to Bally's to seek quad on repaired machine. I got it at max coin. But I lost $32 in the run up, so this gambit was a damn wash. Leaving AC in a daze. Jitney. Jitney. Jitney. I want to hand write this word a thousand times!

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Bad day sans Caesars. I won $30 from $25 Bally's FP. But I gave it back plus $60. I lost my $25 table FP on a five to seven craps bet. I lost $80 at Harrah's in 1.5 hours, despite two and three coin quads. The comfortable Harrah's carousels do not offer DW, which would of course be fine if winning. No lunch; too obsessed with gambling to even eat. I should have skipped this week's torture. CET is killing me! Borgata or bust next week. Hell, I have had enough "full pay" JOB at CET to last a lifetime. The machines are seemingly all money pits. I can expect to lose about the same on DW. I will throw out many more hands. But with the deuces factor, I should have more fun overall.