How much Snow

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Re: How much Snow

Post by Carcounter »

My office is an hour north of AC. We got nothing but rain all day and wind. Some flooding. So i check the GSP traffic cameras and the Parkway is wide open, no traffic down to AC. Nothing happening at the office, everyone has taken the day off, so I figure I'll head down for an afternoon session at Borgata. Lose $300. No big deal, but digging out of a snowstorm would have been cheaper.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

The southern quarter of NJ was spared the blizzard, thanks to the ocean being on both sides of that part of the state.

Next winter I'm moving down there from December to March.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Yeah, it happens this way a lot. My house is 5 blocks to the ocean and sometimes we get nothing but rain and 15 miles inland they get 12-18 inches. I like where I am.

paco13
VP Veteran

Post by paco13 »

Carcounter,
$300 loss stinks for sure but considering the days pay I lost, 2 days pay my other half lost (Bus driver, schools closed) and the gas for the plow truck we're ahead of you. Well, behind you I think actually. lol. But it feels good when you get it all done safe and without any major issues. Besides, I saw a few Red breasted Robins today so Spring is on the doorstep.
Hope you have better luck next round.

paco13
VP Veteran

Post by paco13 »

FAA,

Lay down some Dry's All or Kitty litter for some Grit and then just let the Sun work on it. Salt would be better but mix it with the above grit otherwise it melts into the top of the ice but then refreezes into a much smoother, slipperier surface without it in my experience. Also if you have cement steps/walkway salt is not friendly to it.