Nice Article Of VP Strategy And How It Works!

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Re: Nice Article Of VP Strategy And How It Works!

Post by FloridaPhil »

It's very easy to be misinterpreted on this forum. You make a post in response to another's comment and a third person takes it as directed to them.   Controversy is fine.  Disagreement is inevitable.  Understanding and open mindedness is required or we will all be at war all the time and no one benefits.  This doesn't mean you have to accept statements or ideas you believe are untrue.  It means you work with people and try to help them to grow as a player, not dismiss them as nuts or stupid.  More important, you try to understand their motivations and what they are trying to do.  You may find their goals and perspectives are much different than you assumed.

Waiting4RF
VP Veteran

Post by Waiting4RF »

Carcounter, do you have a strategy guide for the AC Double Joker Poker paytable? I never played any form of Joker Poker before. My VPW software does not have Double Joker Poker. VPFREE2 has the pay table listed as 1-2-3-4-5-8-25-50-100-1600. Since the natural Royal is doubled, does it start at 500 and go up (500,1000,1500,2000,8000)? Of course since you said it is a progressive, the 8000 would be the jackpot. Thanks

New2vp
Video Poker Master

Post by New2vp »

do you have a strategy guide for the AC Double Joker Poker paytable ... listed as 1-2-3-4-5-8-25-50-100-1600 ... ? Basic strategy and a mere 206 classes of exceptions to basic strategy can be found at:https://wizardofodds.com/games/video-po ... -d-1600/Of course, this is only for the reset value and does not include suggestions for adjustments due to the progressive jackpot.  With a slightly more aggressive strategy with some jokerless dealt hands, the game exceeds breakeven when the royal meter gets to 8189 coins.  Many would not care to refine the strategy more (or even care about the exceptions), but to do so, some would want to know the meter speed.  Also, you might want to note that more than 3 2/3% of the return is tied up in the natural royal, ever increasing as the meter progresses.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

With a deck of 54, rather than the traditional 52, the frequencies of getting a Royal must be greatly reduced.
Anyone know what they are?
Less Royals and them being so valuable seem to make for a wild ride, no pun intended.

asteroid

Post by asteroid »

1 in 43,498.85 hands on average.With a deck of 54, rather than the traditional 52, the frequencies of getting a Royal must be greatly reduced.
Anyone know what they are?
Less Royals and them being so valuable seem to make for a wild ride, no pun intended.

paco13
VP Veteran

Post by paco13 »

I might have to try this game. I am staying at Caesars the weekend of the 21'st.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Adding two cards only increases the frequency cycle by some 3,000?
In Broadway Poker, the Jokers don't appear on the original hand,unless you are dealt 5OAK.
Do they appear on the original hand here?
As you would always hold a joker,it seems it would be higher.
I don't doubt you are correct but can you show the math involved?

Waiting4RF
VP Veteran

Post by Waiting4RF »

The math and strategy are on wizardofodds web page link above using the strategy maker. The variance is 66.